Prefix filter

Prefix filter [Paid] 1.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Prefix filter - Provides a prefix filter button in selected forums.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Provides a prefix filter button in selected forums.

This add-on is ideal for forums with a classified category. For example you might have a prefix for all...

Read more about this resource...

Andy, I had to disable this add-on because when you have a prefix for every state (like my forum) it was causing the prefix filter to be horrendously intrusive. I think there should be an option to have the prefix filter display as a dropdown for forums such as mine where there are 50 plug prefixes for each state, province, etc.

Just a thought (y)

FYI if you call me I won't be back in the office until 3 PM MST ;)

It looks to me like it was a dropdown when it came out, but version 1.2 changed that to show prefixes in blocks. If it's to find a drop-down list, you might as well use the sorting function included in the forums, it adds a click but it's not so terrible !

It looks to me like it was a dropdown when it came out, but version 1.2 changed that to show prefixes in blocks. If it's to find a drop-down list, you might as well use the sorting function included in the forums, it adds a click but it's not so terrible !
Yes, it used to be a drop down menu but version 1.2 changed that. I’ll look into the sorting function instead, thanks for that suggestion.

This is a much delayed response but where is this sorting function you speak of? I would like to find it as the prefix filter is no longer useful for me since it switched from a dropdown menu to blocks. Now it just looks like one big eyesore:

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 10.02.18 AM.webp

If there is some sort of default functionality to get around this that would be ideal.

Hi Andy,

it seems, that not all prefixes in a forum would be listed from your prefix filter add-on. I tested it at certain forums in my board and I found in every forum prefixes at threads they arent listed in the prefix filter.
1683229506906.png

Do you know that problem? I think its a rights problem when not every usergroup can use every prefix.

And a suggestion:
I think many of us use colored prefixes for a better overview. Can you make this as a option?
I mean that the prefix filter will use same css for the prefixes like used at threads.

Hi @AndyB,

It's terrific you added the drop-down list option for selecting/filtering prefixes. I've looked at other prefix filter options out there and, as far as I can tell, you're the only developer providing this feature (which I consider critical).

My only critique is that when you click the drop-down filter button it brings up another filter menu, which you then have to select the prefix from in order to filter the desired prefix. It would obviously be more ideal, I think, if you could just click the button once and then see the prefix filter options. Is there any way of keeping the filter button but activating the filter menu options immediately upon clicking the button, and do away with the in-between menu?

If you could please consider this potential change/update, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Top Bottom