• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Posts To Enter Forums On A Forum Per Forum Basis

borbole

This hack will allow you to set a post count on a forum per forum basis for your members to enter them. Members with less posts set by you will see those post count accessed forums but they will not be allowed to access. Instead they will get an error message.

You can se the post count needed to enter a forum separately for each forum at your Acp->Applications->Node Tree and choose the forum that you want to set a post count limit for your members to enter it. All the way to the bottom of the forum you will see a new option: Post Number: Enter there the number of posts that an user must have in order to enter that particular forum.

You can exlude groups and/or individual users from this limit.

To exlude groups from the post count limit, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass forum posts limit: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To exlude individual users from the post count limit, go to User Permissions, choose the user/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass forum posts limit: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To have a better idea as to how this mod looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 10 dollars.

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

If you are interested in purchasing this mod then please contact me in private either here or at my own forum.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Acp-Edit Forum-.webp
    Acp-Edit Forum-.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Acp-User Group Permissions.webp
    Acp-User Group Permissions.webp
    5 KB · Views: 161
  • Error - XenForo_1304799043194.webp
    Error - XenForo_1304799043194.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 176
This mod works really well, thank you for such a great product.

Question, is it possible for me to edit the error message? I would like to put in an explanation to my users why we use this plugin and to also put a link for them to create an introduction thread to get their first post. I have it setup so only one post is required.

Maybe when the person reaches the quota, an alert could be generated saying they have access to new forums and provide them a link.

Maybe when the person reaches the quota, an alert could be generated saying they have access to new forums and provide them a link.
That would be awesome as well.

I have a game company specific forum, and the gaming section is the most important part of the site (since everyone is visiting for the guides and what not) so I have a 1 post requirement to visit those.

This mod works really well, thank you for such a great product.

Question, is it possible for me to edit the error message? I would like to put in an explanation to my users why we use this plugin and to also put a link for them to create an introduction thread to get their first post. I have it setup so only one post is required.

Yes, you can edit the error message to your liking by changing the language string value for the error message.

But if you would need further assitence with this, please post at the mod 's thread at my forum as I keep a better track of all my mods there.

Top Bottom