Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

It's a damn shame that such a popular add-on got deleted but the developer's silence was deafening esp in regards to porting the add-on for xf2.

I was able to successfully port the xf1.5 post ratings to reactions for xf2.1 via the import tool provided in TH Reactions Plus.

Apologies for the temporary deletion, it was an automated process as I had not logged into XF.com. Support continues to be available via PM as always :)

Yes. You could install the add-on, import the data and uninstall the add-on again, if you so choose.
Perfect! This is the single item that has been holding be back from upgrading to 2.1. I will make a few test upgrades first to see how the importer is working.

Yes, it clearly states that in the resource description.
What's the preferred upgrade path to preserve the reactions? Do I just disable Post ratings in my current Xenforo 1.5 platform before doing the upgrade? For all other add-ons I disable and uninstall them before doing the upgrade.

What's the preferred upgrade path to preserve the reactions? Do I just disable Post ratings in my current Xenforo 1.5 platform before doing the upgrade? For all other add-ons I disable and uninstall them before doing the upgrade.
All the 1.5 add-ons will be disabled when you upgrade to XF2. You need to leave post ratings installed in order to be able to retain the data. For the other add-ons, keep them installed if you plan on updating them after you upgrade to XF2, otherwise uninstall them do it doesn't leave orphaned data in your database.

All the 1.5 add-ons will be disabled when you upgrade to XF2. You need to leave post ratings installed in order to be able to retain the data. For the other add-ons, keep them installed if you plan on updating them after you upgrade to XF2, otherwise uninstall them do it doesn't leave orphaned data in your database.
Thanks for clarifying this. And the import tool in Reactions plus will automatically detect the post ratings table in the database when going through those steps? And once the import is done, Post Ratings and Reactions Plus may be uninstalled?

And the import tool in Reactions plus will automatically detect the post ratings table in the database when going through those steps? And once the import is done, Post Ratings and Reactions Plus may be uninstalled?
Not automatically, you can run the importer for Reactions Plus from your Admin CP. This will convert "Post Ratings" to XF Reactions. After that, you can uninstall both add-ons.

Thanks for clarifying this. And the import tool in Reactions plus will automatically detect the post ratings table in the database when going through those steps? And once the import is done, Post Ratings and Reactions Plus may be uninstalled?
You will need to manually import the data, under Tools -> Import external data. I'm not sure if it'll delete the tables. After the import is done, you should be able to uninstall both. If the tables remain after running Post Ratings, you can run these queries to get rid of them.
SQL:
drop table if exists dark_postrating;
drop table if exists dark_postrating_count;
drop table if exists dark_postrating_post_cache;
drop table if exists dark_postrating_ratings;
drop table if exists <importer log table name>;

FYI, but if you are using at MariaDB 10.4.8 (or earlier on the 10.4.x) there will be catastrophically bad performance due to the join strategy being insanely stupid.

This can be fixed by setting join_cache_level=0 in a mysql configuration file and at runtime by running set global join_cache_level=0;

Out of nowhere a lot of my users are complaining about ratings they didn't give. Even though they haven't been online there are some random ratings from them appearing.

Wondering: Allcomplaining users are using Android / mobile. Anyone else is having this problem?

Top Bottom