Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Convert ratings to likes: (irreversible; for permanent uninstallations)

1. Select a rating you would like to convert to XF Likes in Options > Post Ratings > Like rating
  2. Run Recount Ratings
  3. Click cancel once it starts building the rating cache
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all ratings you would like to convert to likes
So to clarify please. I can do this to make as many ratings as I wish to be counted as likes also, simultaneously?

Hey Luke. We're doing a Xenforo - Xenforo import. How do we import our current Post Ratings data so it can be carried over? I did a test on localhost and it didn't carry over, although we still have the total ratings total. Just not the data on individual posts.

If you are keeping the post and user IDs intact, just copy the dark_postrating database tables (export .sql on source, import on destination)

So to clarify please. I can do this to make as many ratings as I wish to be counted as likes also, simultaneously?

It sounds like you want to still be able to use the ratings after converting them - the instructions are NOT suitable for that purpose. It is a one-way permanent conversion from ratings to likes

If you are keeping the post and user IDs intact, just copy the dark_postrating database tables (export .sql on source, import on destination)
I just did this and nothing's showing up. What I did was dropped the table on the new one, then imported the old table, recounted the ratings, and tehn nothihng shows up.

I just did this and nothing's showing up. What I did was dropped the table on the new one, then imported the old table, recounted the ratings, and tehn nothihng shows up.
Have you set up the permissions for post ratings on the new installation? Also visit the admin CP page for ratings then edit and save any rating to update caches

Have you set up the permissions for post ratings on the new installation? Also visit the admin CP page for ratings then edit and save any rating to update caches
Yes. The permissions are all correct. I just went through each. The ratings are 100% identical. From the rating name, the source spritesheet, display order, etc. Should I recount afterwards? (Although, I've done this already and still nothing).

Yes. The permissions are all correct. I just went through each. The ratings are 100% identical. From the rating name, the source spritesheet, display order, etc. Should I recount afterwards? (Although, I've done this already and still nothing).

Are you able to rate posts? Is it just imported ratings not showing up?

Are you able to rate posts? Is it just imported ratings not showing up?
Yes. We're able to rate posts. But it only shows the Like replacement of Xenforo's like. What i wanted to achieve was to carry over the other custom ratings we used before.

Yes. We're able to rate posts. But it only shows the Like replacement of Xenforo's like. What i wanted to achieve was to carry over the other custom ratings we used before.

Are you sure you copied the table named 'dark_postrating' as well as the other postrating tables? Can you verify it definitely contains the same number of records as your old forum, and that your user and post IDs in URLs are identical between the two forums?

There is definitely nothing else you would need to do in order to at least see ratings on posts. Even recount shouldn't be necessary for that.

@Luke F

1) Ban a member
2) Banned member is hidden from Notable Members lists except for Most Positive Ratings which still shows the banned member

Can you reproduce?
Has this ever been updated to not show banned members ?

Does anyone know where to add a conditional or something to filter out the banned members?

Hey there!

I'm encountering an error with the add-on, of course not your fault at all. I was trying to re-do the ratings, therefore deleted all of the default ones, now the addon is simply saying "No results Found" when I go to the ratings page, not allowing me to create a new one. There is no UI on this page, simply the Admin panel with the text "No results Found".

If you know of a fix, your help will be massivly appreciated!

Hey there!

I'm encountering an error with the add-on, of course not your fault at all. I was trying to re-do the ratings, therefore deleted all of the default ones, now the addon is simply saying "No results Found" when I go to the ratings page, not allowing me to create a new one. There is no UI on this page, simply the Admin panel with the text "No results Found".

If you know of a fix, your help will be massivly appreciated!

If you go to /admin.php?postrating/add directly it should work

Hi there!

Is there an option that enables the posts in a thread to be shown such that the most liked is the first? If yes, is there a way to enable this option only for specific forums?

If not, I would like to pay for this customization. :)

I just installed it, but it's still not showing on my forum. I've already went to group permissions and changed it to "allow" and still nothing.

@Luke F Is it just me or does any Title change to the ratings not being saved to dark_postrating_ratings table in database?
download.webp download_2.webp
I'm not sure where the hell they ended up being saved, but there are no issue in the front-end. It's just, the last time I exported the table to clone my ratings config to my development forum, I had to redo the Titles.

edit: Ayy~ they're being stored into phrases.

Quick question. We use good info a lot for highlighting content in topics with a lot of posts. Is there any way a user can filter these to see only those "good info" posts that have X number of good info votes throughout the topic?

Can this query be fixed so it doesn't take almost 7 seconds to load?

Code:
SELECT thread.*
    user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, thread.username, user.username) AS username,
    deletion_log.delete_date, deletion_log.delete_reason,
    deletion_log.delete_user_id, deletion_log.delete_username,
        IF(thread_read.thread_read_date > 1483027983, thread_read.thread_read_date, 1483027983) AS thread_read_date,
    IF(thread_watch.user_id IS NULL, 0,
        IF(thread_watch.email_subscribe, 'watch_email', 'watch_no_email')) AS thread_is_watched,
    thread_user_post.post_count AS user_post_count,
    pr_cache.rating_cache
FROM xf_thread AS thread

LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON
        (user.user_id = thread.user_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_deletion_log AS deletion_log ON
        (deletion_log.content_type = 'thread' AND deletion_log.content_id = thread.thread_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_read AS thread_read ON
        (thread_read.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_read.user_id = 374904)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_watch AS thread_watch
        ON (thread_watch.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_watch.user_id = 374904)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_user_post AS thread_user_post
        ON (thread_user_post.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_user_post.user_id = 374904)
    left join dark_postrating_post_cache pr_cache ON (thread.first_post_id = pr_cache.post_id)
WHERE (thread.node_id = 881) AND (thread.sticky = 0) AND (thread.discussion_state IN ('visible','deleted','moderated'))
ORDER BY thread.last_post_date DESC

Top Bottom