Post notice

Post notice [Paid] 1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Post notice - Adds post notice when message contains specific domain.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Adds post notice when message contains specific domain.

(Example of post notice)

View attachment 294586

(Example of Options page)

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: cwe
A bit of background behind this add-on...

I approached Andy to see if he had anything that could be used that would make past and future eBay links on our forums compliant with the eBay Partner Network disclosure requirements that are being introduced. Basically, a disclosure within a site's footer or T&C's that eBay links might earn the site/forum commission will shortly be non-compliant and could lead to affiliations being withdrawn.
It's something that is going to affect everyone, not just forum owners, but all social media sites likewise, and many of us use affiliations as a means to generate some income towards the running costs of our forums and site.

More info here: EPN Affiliate Disclosure FAQ: https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/resources/affiliate-disclosure-faq

Following a few days Andy shared his work with me to test on our forum, and the results are perfect, the default phrase is editable should you wish, however it fulfills eBay's requirements to the letter.

The disclosure requirements also extend to past eBay links, so a further add-on has been developed which will add the disclosure phrase to all previous posts that contain eBay links.
That add-on can be found here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-notice-all.9282/

The above might read a bit like an advert, it isn't meant to be so, just credit given where credit is due, and to give everyone a 'heads up' of changes afoot that could impact on your forum's revenue stream.

This is fantastic. I have been using @JoshyPHP's s9e Media Sites mod for a good while to insert my amazon affiliate id in amazon product links and always wanted to have some disclaimer like this (even if it wasn't explicitly required).

I tested this mod with a couple of referral links I have with some specific products/vendors and it worked as expected.

I then tested posting a link to an amazon.com product page (which get's processed by the s9e media sites mod) and it did not work. I have s9e Media Sites configured to translate amazon.com links to [ MEDIA=amazon ]12345678[ /MEDIA ] BB Code. So I removed "amazon.com" from the Post Notice: Domains and put "MEDIA=amazon" in there instead and it worked. Perfect!

Would be great if this could be used for specific accounts, and not URLs. I have a bot that replies now and then and would be great to have a tagline to

Would be great if this could be used for specific accounts, and not URLs. I have a bot that replies now and then and would be great to have a tagline to
Can't you just add a signature for the bot account? I did that with a chatgpt bot account (using one of 021's mods).

This wont install for me....500 internal error, so likely on my end. But tossing it out there in case this is on the plugin's side.

Oh, it checks sigs too? Perfect.
Not that I'm aware. I may have misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you wanted a mod to post a disclaimer on a bot post. I suggested using a signature to post said disclaimer.

Not that I'm aware. I may have misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you wanted a mod to post a disclaimer on a bot post. I suggested using a signature to post said disclaimer.
Oh....well that makes sense too lol.

I just now noticed this addon, thanks andy! I've been having a "Affiliate links?" field that people needed to input, but this can automate it. Amazon affiliate links require disclaimers and this will help!

Top Bottom