XF 2.1 Possible issue with text editor?

gerryvz

I have noticed a change in behavior since updating to 2.1.3. Specifically, with the text editor (bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, etc. functions).

What happens, is when I highlight a string of text within a post to bold/italicize/underline, the editor will perform the correct function, but when I hit "post," I find that the entire rest of the text (including the text I highlighted, but all of the text after that in the post) has the same function applied to it.

If I edit the post, and remove the formatting from the extra text that I didn't intend to have formatted, it will save correctly and the post looks OK. Again, this applies to bolding, underline, italics, and strikethrough.

Has anyone else seen this? I didn't experience it with 2.1.2.

Cheers,
Gerry

I hadn't had time to investigate it more, but I did see earlier that when I added italics to some text in a couple of threads, entire unrelated paragraphs were also italicized on post.

Ah, yep, that looks like the one. And yes, it actually happens before submitting the post, immediately applied to all text. Although it doesn't seem to be happening here....

Ok, interesting, so it is Firefox specific. I am using Firefox 68 on two different Macs and have experienced it on both. Let me try it with Safari and report back.

Thanks, @ozzy47, for the reference to the other thread.

UPDATE: Indeed, the problem did not happen with Safari/Mac, so evidently it is limited to Firefox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom