Add-on Player and Recruit Management (think 247sports)

AndrewSimm

For anyone interested. I am working on developing an add-on that gives sites the ability to create recruit/player profiles similar to 247sports and Rivals. I have been running an internal version of this add-on for a few years now and I am now working on a public version. If anyone else is interested in this add-on then I would be happy to share current development updates and talk features.

I'm interested in this for sure. I'm part of a Twitch team and I think we could put this type of add-on to good use.

If it is adjustable/configurable to fit other niches other than sports, I would be highly interested. Can help out with testing or whatever I can help with. In any case, nice of you that you offer such a thing in first place anyway. Thanks.

If it is adjustable/configurable to fit other niches other than sports, I would be highly interested. Can help out with testing or whatever I can help with. In any case, nice of you that you offer such a thing in first place anyway. Thanks.
I am trying to make it as configurable as possible. The system will require ever "player" to have an associated "sport". This is important because each sport will have it's own configuration on what is tracked. That being said, based on where I am at right now with it, I could probably configure other non-sport groups. At its core, it will be a player management system that groups players together by sport and various configurable fields. I use the example of 247sports because that is basically what it emulates. If their player system would work for your need then my add-on will likely as well.

I also plan on releasing a schedule add-on that is sports focused and an article system that can tie in to both of these add-ons. The schedule add-on and articles add-on are already complete but not yet released. My add-ons will allow website owners to have capabilities that sites like 247sports and Rivals have but they will probably work for other types of websites as well. I failed to mention this in my first post but these add-ons will be paid add-ons, and I don't currently know what price I will put them at.

I am trying to make it as configurable as possible. The system will require ever "player" to have an associated "sport". This is important because each sport will have it's own configuration on what is tracked. That being said, based on where I am at right now with it, I could probably configure other non-sport groups. At its core, it will be a player management system that groups players together by sport and various configurable fields. I use the example of 247sports because that is basically what it emulates. If their player system would work for your need then my add-on will likely as well.
It sounds very interesting and it looks like it could be used for non-sport stuff, too. I am not familiar with those mentioned websites, I took a look at them (example) but I am not sure how the "tracking" is done and based on what. Like based on what are these players ranked? Based on the ratings of who? The users who voted for it? Also in the example from that site one can't click on the table headers to sort by name, pos, ht/wt, etc. I think all tables should have that. If possible the fields should be tied to custom thread fields, so say I created a player with xyz fields, that player could have its own discussion thread with the same fields. But again, I am not sure how this works out without seeing it on live, so maybe I am looking at a wrong direction. Anyway, it looks very interesting. Any kind of "content delivering addon" is very welcomed as they are very sparse here.

Top Bottom