Photo Hosting Sites For Images To Use Within XenForo

BigPete7978

There are a couple XenForo websites that I go to that I used to use Photobucket on. Now with their updated policies, it is not worth what they are charging. I was just wondering what was the best option besides that. I tried using Google Photos, which I really like, but the image didn’t work all the time. Any tips? This applies to both XenForo 1.5 and 2.1.

For hosting your own image as a user that you'd then hotlink to or do you mean to configure in XF for all users storage?

If you mean your own photos, have you looked into Flickr? For your own images in general there's also sites like Imgur.

For hosting your own image as a user that you'd then hotlink to or do you mean to configure in XF for all users storage?

If you mean your own photos, have you looked into Flickr? For your own images in general there's also sites like Imgur.
I mean for times like the signature on the forum or making an information thread, so then you provide the specific URL’s to show the image. Used Photobucket forever, but no more. Trying to get the hang of Google Photos, but idk if I’m doing it wrong or it’s just not compatible.

For making an information thread, why not just upload the images to the thread itself? With the right settings in the ACP, any images you use will be automatically reduced in their filesize and so you can have thousands across your website without taking up a lot of storage space.

As for signatures, that's really up to individual members to sort out. For yourself you could just upload your signature to your web space and host that there. Alternatively if you want to provide something for all members, you could use XFMG. I do this and set up a category for users to upload their signatures to and then they can just paste the URL of that into their signatures section of their profile.

I've had my own image hosting service for the last 10 years. I don't really promote it much but if someone stumbles upon it they can use it. Link.
I can make use of the API to integrate directly into XenForo.

I've had my own image hosting service for the last 10 years. I don't really promote it much but if someone stumbles upon it they can use it. Link.
I can make use of the API to integrate directly into XenForo.

Is this Cheverto? I'm considering on using that, since it's just $50.

Top Bottom