[OzzModz] Force Rule Accept

[OzzModz] Force Rule Accept [Paid] 2.1.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Painbaker

Painbaker submitted a new resource:

[PB] Force Rule Accept - Forced display of user agreement before registration

Forced display of user agreement before registration.

Feature List:
  1. Forced the display of a page with terms and privacy policy (using XF phrases) and with buttons for agreement / exit on registration
  2. Configurable function of "remembering" the accepted user agreement
  3. Hiding the "I agree with the terms and privacy policy" checkbox in form of the registration page
View attachment 232535
View attachment 232536

Read more about this resource...

For GDPR reasons in our country, the user has to interact with the checkbox you are hiding in your add-on:
  • Hiding the "I agree with the terms and privacy policy" checkbox in form of the registration page
Any chance you could bring that back like the original function?

Last edited:
@Sperber, sure. I will add option to disable checkbox hidding in future update.
For now it can be disabled with turning off addon register_macros template modification.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Can you force accepting the terms after they verify the email address in order to participate on the forum (posting, but reading is fine) until they accept them?

Ideally, this would be on the email confirmation page (unsure which template that is) to state that their email has been verified and then go over the ToS with "Accept and Continue" and a "Deny" button that would disallow participation until checked (so a forever notice at the top of all pages to accept on another template/page).

Also, it'd be great to have it searchable for members in the ACP that didn't accept them for cleanup; however, it would need to retroactively apply "accept" to all present members as they have already accepted the terms.

@frm, its possible, but seems not GDPR compliant and unethical to show privacy information on a post facto basis.
What do you mean?

If the user doesn't agree, their profile would also not be visible to anyone else if they also happen to fill in their personal details.

@frm

Processing personal data is generally prohibited, unless it is expressly allowed by law, or the data subject has consented to the processing.

After registration the data has already been processed and saved, even if they are queued for deletion in case of "declaiming" of ToS.

After registration the data has already been processed and saved, even if they are queued for deletion in case of "declaiming" of ToS.
I've streamlined my sign up process to only collect an email address and username they desire on the forum. The email, of course, is for verification. Would that still be against GDRP unless they were wiped if not verified in X days or upon request?

@frm Couldn't find a definite answer for GDPR. But in some countries seems like to be that.

Russian Federation Law No. 152 "On New Data" explains how companies collect information about users. Even if the site owner immediately deletes user data after receiving it, he is still the operator for their processing and is responsible.

However, I'll see if your idea can be in demand and I'll let you know about preparing the update.

Reactions: frm
Suggestions:
  1. Timer on rules to prevent accepting without reading. (should be optional)
  2. Force to re-read the rules on warning.

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Force Rule Accept with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Force Rules Accept for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.0.0

Changelog:
  • Added [OzzModz] prefix to add-on title
  • Added timer on rules to prevent accepting without reading (can be disabled in add-on options)
  • Added "member notification" option on user warning to force to re-read the rules

ATTENTION:
Add-on option keys was changed. Reconfiguration may be required if upgrading from earlier versions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom