XF 2.2 Paste picture doesn't work?

Hi there,

On my old forum i had the abbility to paste a link in a comment or thread, and the forum showed the picture directly.
I didn't had to use attachement or the img bb-code, just paste the URL and done!

Is this also in Xenforo possible?

Thank you ;)

Regards

Solution
Hi there,

Thanks for your respons.
However, when i do this the forum makes an URL of it and doesn't show the picture.
That image I put in above was simply putting the cursor over the image, pulling up the context menu and selecting copy image
Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 1.43.28 AM.png

and then doing the same here and selecting paste.

Be sure you have your editor is in BBCode mode... if your editor menu looks like this (greyed out)... odds are that's the reason.

Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 1.45.20 AM.png

If it is greyed out, you can click on the light blue image shown (it may be a different color on your site, but the design is the same) to enable the normal editor.
Easiest way if you have the image already in another browser tab... copy/paste. That way you aren't at the mercy of someone changing it to something you may not want shown....
This was a simply using the copy function of the browser, then paste it here. No different than copy/pasting a URL, and now you aren't dependent upon that image existing in the future.

1688711897117.png

I know "back in the day" I had some folks linking to images on one of my sites and then "posting" it on theirs as their content. That quickly stopped when they ended up showing "poo eating" images instead of what they thought they were showing. When I found out, I simply changed the local image name to something different (and changed the content to reflect that) and left the image name they were linking to as their "poopy deserts". :poop:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks for your respons.
However, when i do this the forum makes an URL of it and doesn't show the picture.
That image I put in above was simply putting the cursor over the image, pulling up the context menu and selecting copy image
Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 1.43.28 AM.png

and then doing the same here and selecting paste.

Be sure you have your editor is in BBCode mode... if your editor menu looks like this (greyed out)... odds are that's the reason.

Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 1.45.20 AM.png

If it is greyed out, you can click on the light blue image shown (it may be a different color on your site, but the design is the same) to enable the normal editor.

Solution
Top Bottom