Lack of interest Pages!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Robert9

I am sorry to say, but the pages are still the child you never have loved.

From my point of view there are a some faults in the concept and this is also the reason why really less people use them (for more than some infos), i guess.

1. With some small changes in source and template you could have a real menu and not this strange jumping from page_node with siblings, children and one parent. The menu should be a static thing looking always the same and we open only these subs that are needed. Just like it is everywhere else in RM for example.

2. There is still no editor at the frontend and also no attachments.

Why not? I am shure you can fix this in a short time and increase the love for these functions a lot.

We try so many differerent ways to build something here, but a lot of things would not be needed with the pages as a clear cms.
All these not really finished add-ons like FAQ, thread portals and others are just a try to substitute the one strong thing missing here.

With pages, a good menu, the correct breadcrump or none and some small helpers you dont need the help pages, the faq, the thread portals and all the other half solutions.

Please take a long weekend and finish this part of your wonderful software.

Together with the callbacks this is a really strong tool and could be the solution for so many things from startpage, cms, FAQ, help pages, pages with coded information like lists for everything you could select from the mysql and also the frame for many addons where you dont need to build extra pages, when you just use a XF page and a callback to have functions inside that frame/page.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
An add-on to do all the stuff with pages would be wonderful, because it will fit for so many different things.

And finally it is more or less only
  • add the message field with bbcode and attachments
  • add a normal menu-system like everywhere else (RM e.g.) ( i have done it with some small changes in the source)
  • add something to pass vars to that page to use them in the callback
  • add an edit button and function for the front-end
Someone has offered his service to me. I am afraid it will be too expenisve, but who knows. Maybe a real crack can add all this in an hour or two, maybe i can afford it. So let´s see.

Does this work ?

Top Bottom