Page views, Google Adsense vs. Google Analytics?

Your Ski Advisor

I am finding a huge discrepancy between these two sources...why the difference and which one is more accurate and should I be referring to when talking to possible advertisers?

Thanks @RobParker, I am not too smart on this stuff, but that makes it sound like my Analytics number should be higher than the Adsense number when in my case, the Adsense is the higher one.

Hey,

You need to check with https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6090783?hl=en to see if you are missing something simple. The page views on Google Analytics will always show 10-20% more than your Adsense views. If the percentage is higher than 20%, you need to do a thorough check of your website. When talking to advertisers, its better to tell your Analytics views, because they will automatically discount a good percentage of your views.

Hope this helps.

Hey,

You need to check with https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6090783?hl=en to see if you are missing something simple. The page views on Google Analytics will always show 10-20% more than your Adsense views. If the percentage is higher than 20%, you need to do a thorough check of your website. When talking to advertisers, its better to tell your Analytics views, because they will automatically discount a good percentage of your views.

Hope this helps.
My Adsense views are the ones that are significantly higher.

My Adsense views are the ones that are significantly higher.

In this case, two reasons come to my mind. One is that your analytics code may be missing on some pages of your website. Or it could be that you have multiple content ad units on some pages that are causing a high count of Adsense page views.

In this case, two reasons come to my mind. One is that your analytics code may be missing on some pages of your website. Or it could be that you have multiple content ad units on some pages that are causing a high count of Adsense page views.
I do have two Adsense ads on some pages.

Top Bottom