[OzzModz] Verification Badge

[OzzModz] Verification Badge [Paid] 2.2.6

No permission to buy ($20.00)

Dadparvar

Dadparvar submitted a new resource:

[XP] Verification Badge - Ability to mark any user as verified and show a badge next to their username

Using this add-on, you can edit any user from ACP, and simply using a checkbox mark the user as Verified.

You can also let users ask for a verification badge and manage their requests.

Verified users will have a badge next to their username (left OR right, based on your choice in the add-on's options) all around the site (even in 3rd party add-ons' pages)

Options
  • Location of the Badge (left OR right)
  • Maximum item attachment file size (KB)
  • Maximum attachments per...

Read more about this resource...

@Dadparvar ,
I know it´s sometimes easier while the process, to write everything in php files. Unfortunal, that way we can´t edit a template and have to do it in the file itself - which instantly gives us XF file checker warnings. Couldn´t it be possibe for you, to include the templater.php content into the XF template system? For example: I only changed the icon style from "far" to "fas" - and from now on until the rest of my days I´ll have to deal with those warnings, since the file checker isn´t capable to distinguish between a legitimate and an illegitimate edit ;)

Wow. Never spent a thought on that before. Since the security feature of file checking has it´s purpose, I would still prefer to have template related in the template system. Anyway, thanks for the hint, Ozzy!

What I forget, Dardpavar:
may be the link to the request form would be really better located in the user-cp, under privacy settings as a seperate entry. Especially, since most want to deactivate the to prominent nav button.

@Dadparvar ,
I know it´s sometimes easier while the process, to write everything in php files. Unfortunal, that way we can´t edit a template and have to do it in the file itself - which instantly gives us XF file checker warnings. Couldn´t it be possibe for you, to include the templater.php content into the XF template system? For example: I only changed the icon style from "far" to "fas" - and from now on until the rest of my days I´ll have to deal with those warnings, since the file checker isn´t capable to distinguish between a legitimate and an illegitimate edit ;)
After I @Arty 's icon picker be ready, I'll implement it to my addons including verification bage, floating menu, news ticker and ... to let you easily pick your icon from +40k icons with ton of customizations.

What I forget, Dardpavar:
may be the link to the request form would be really better located in the user-cp, under privacy settings as a seperate entry. Especially, since most want to deactivate the to prominent nav button.
All 3 links are simple links. You can add them anywhere you like using template modification.
And you can make them conditional as well, if you check the conditions I used for each of them.

Let me know if you needed help about it.

After I @Arty 's icon picker be ready, I'll implement it to my addons including verification bage, floating menu, news ticker and ... to let you easily pick your icon from +40k icons with ton of customizations.
That makes sense and is even better. Thumbs up.
All 3 links are simple links. You can add them anywhere you like using template modification.
And you can make them conditional as well, if you check the conditions I used for each of them.
Yep, that´s what I have done. Just thought you may be might want to make those options available in the add-on for ease of use by default.
I´ve stumbled over 2 issues meanwhile:

1. while trying to add files to a verification request, only image file types are allowed, even when all others - like pdf, doc, etc - are allowed throughout the forums. Since pdf is the most common file type to use for that form, quite important.

2. is a more important one: when a request is sent, there is no alert coming up for those, who should review that request. That way a request can be easily overseen, when the verification badge section isn´t monitored manually on a daily basis. I don´t know if this is already included and just doesn´t work on my forums - but in case it´s not in there yet, please add alerts for the moderation queue (not to the normal user alert system). That way those alerts are more prominent and when someone works with moderation tools, they go right to the working space, where a mod or admin would expect those alerts.

Would appreciate, you could solve both issues in the upcoming days.

1. while trying to add files to a verification request, only image file types are allowed, even when all others - like pdf, doc, etc - are allowed throughout the forums. Since pdf is the most common file type to use for that form, quite important.
I'll check it out later tonight

please add alerts for the moderation queue (not to the normal user alert system).
I'll check this

@Sperber

Next update will have:
  • Option: now you can set what extensions are allowed to be attached in a verification badge request
  • Links in user menu: Now the verification badge request, and verification badge requests list and your verification badge requests links are included in the user menu as well.
  • Links in accounts details page's sidebar: Now the verification badge request, and verification badge requests list and your verification badge requests links are included in the sidebar of account's details page as well.

Attachments

• 2019-08-18_20-33-07.webp
    2019-08-18_20-33-07.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
@Sperber

Next update will have:
  • Option: now you can set what extensions are allowed to be attached in a verification badge request
  • Links in user menu: Now the verification badge request, and verification badge requests list and your verification badge requests links are included in the user menu as well.
  • Links in accounts details page's sidebar: Now the verification badge request, and verification badge requests list and your verification badge requests links are included in the sidebar of account's details page as well.
Thanks, you´re sweeting up my day, Dadparvar. One question though: are you already implementing alerts to the moderation queue with this update?

Dadparvar updated [XP] Verification Badge with a new update entry:

New features

• Links in accounts details page's sidebar: Now the verification badge request, and verification badge requests list and your verification badge requests links are included in the sidebar of account's details...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Awesome AddOn. I was looking for something like this for a long time. :)

Would it be possible to have the option to select where the verification badge is displayed? For example "everywhere", "postbit", "member profile", "forum home",...

In some positions the icons get a little bit distracting.

Also, it would be cool if we would have the option to check for the verified user state on the criteria page. Right now there is only the option if the user has requested the badge.

@Dadparvar ,

what I am running into and would greatly extend the usability, is adding a verified user to an additional usergroup. When using a verification system, usually you want to give those verified members additional priviliges. Guess that´s why using a verification system in the first place. By now we´re forced to add those members manually to an additional usergroup, which adds extra work. If you could add an option to this add-on, that adds members to a secondary usergroup in the moment you verify their verification request, that would be awesome.

@Dadparvar ,

what I am running into and would greatly extend the usability, is adding a verified user to an additional usergroup. When using a verification system, usually you want to give those verified members additional priviliges. Guess that´s why using a verification system in the first place. By now we´re forced to add those members manually to an additional usergroup, which adds extra work. If you could add an option to this add-on, that adds members to a secondary usergroup in the moment you verify their verification request, that would be awesome.
I'll look into it.

Surely you can do this by loading a tiny image in a usergroup styling via CSS?
Sure!

Top Bottom