[OzzModz] Scheduled Content

[OzzModz] Scheduled Content 2.1.2 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
I can agree with the above would be great to have emails sent out with an option for members to turn this off if they don't wish to receive any.

I can agree with the above would be great to have emails sent out with an option for members to turn this off if they don't wish to receive any.
This is already an option when you send messages to members. They have an unsubscribe link.

Just scheduled a reply to a user's post, but I got this notice:

1643823654441.png

But I see the notice just above the scheduled reply:

1643823915828.png

Is that meant to be like that for replies?
I'm almost sure I've seen a "scheduled notice" instead of an "approval notice" for a new scheduled thread test, just like the one we see in the add-on overview page... :unsure:

(version 2.1.1 Patch Level 1 in use)

Must be a sort of conflict with something, but never mind!
I then realised that the view permission wasn't set, and the notice didn't show up on the next scheduled reply.

Thanks anyway! :)

And what would be the use of scheduling post for mods and admin? (assuming that you refer to thread's replies)

I'm asking since I just set "use permissions" to the main admin user, for now 😅

May I ask what could be the case use scenario? :unsure:
Scheduling post just don't fit into the site and to my self doesn't make sense for users to use them, threads yes since this can be useful for many reasons like scheduling articles It's just like scheduling profile posts doesn't make sense.

Profile posts are separated permission to threads so post should be too, I have since removed the code to scheduling posts and I really shouldn't need to do that since it really should be day one option.

It's just like a separate option for users to edit scheduled content but instead it's connected to "View any scheduled content"

Thank you guys, nice to hear different points of view and use cases. Sharing always brings to new ideas and thoughts (y)

The person that commissioned the addon didn’t need the separate permissions.
While you may use it others do to and sometimes you have to do things we all don't want to do don't get me wrong you built it but would you rather upset/ annoy the users who use it or be descent developer that scales to everyone and not them selves.

Your a great guy with great add-ons and I appreciate you taking your time to look into it.

Scheduling post just don't fit into the site and to my self doesn't make sense for users to use them, threads yes since this can be useful for many reasons like scheduling articles It's just like scheduling profile posts doesn't make sense.

Beat me to it. There's plenty of reason for posters on our site to make scheduled threads. It's a gaming forum and so when a big game is launched, there's usually a detailed official thread that goes live when a game is released, or if there's a gaming event we usually have a dedicated thread for instant feedback. Being able to prepare these things beforehand so they can fire off at particular times especially given releases and broadcasts often happen at odd hours globally is extremely beneficial as Thread Creators might be busy, at work or asleep.

However, there's almost zero reason to allow most members to schedule posts though. The thing I least want to do is wake up and find someone who had a bad day has seeded 100+ different threads to post **** pics at some ungodly hour (for instance a few months back we had one guy bump every thread he's made just so the board was all his threads, so he could take a screenshot and then make a thread about it ¯\(ツ)/¯). Some people are ***** (and want to post them). More options mean you can mitigate for that. I like to give our members enough freedom to improve the site, but not enough to ruin the site (and we aren't big on banning if we can avoid it). With scheduled Threads, they can be seen in the board view, scheduled posts though..not so easy.

Also, @Ozzy47 appreciate your work on this.

Beat me to it. There's plenty of reason for posters on our site to make scheduled threads. It's a gaming forum and so when a big game is launched, there's usually a detailed official thread that goes live when a game is released, or if there's a gaming event we usually have a dedicated thread for instant feedback. Being able to prepare these things beforehand so they can fire off at particular times especially given releases and broadcasts often happen at odd hours globally is extremely beneficial as Thread Creators might be busy, at work or asleep.

However, there's almost zero reason to allow most members to schedule posts though. The thing I least want to do is wake up and find someone who had a bad day has seeded 100+ different threads to post ** pics at some ungodly hour (for instance a few months back we had one guy bump every thread he's made just so the board was all his threads, so he could take a screenshot and then make a thread about it ¯\(ツ)/¯). Some people are *** (and want to post them). More options mean you can mitigate for that. I like to give our members enough freedom to improve the site, but not enough to ruin the site (and we aren't big on banning if we can avoid it). With scheduled Threads, they can be seen in the board view, scheduled posts though..not so easy.

Also, @Ozzy47 appreciate your work on this.
:ROFLMAO: since we are both doing the same niche i'm not really surprised :D but i exactly know where your coming from there is to many bad eggs some areas in in particular less is more that's what they say around here 🙂

While you may use it others do to and sometimes you have to do things we all don't want to do don't get me wrong you built it but would you rather upset/ annoy the users who use it or be descent developer that scales to everyone and not them selves.

That may well be, but your not understanding.

The person that paid for this addon to be developed to their requirements, did not ask for the permissions to be separate. So it in no way, shape or form “really should be day one option.”.

sometimes you have to do things we all don't want to do don't get me wrong you built it but would you rather upset/ annoy the users who use it or be descent developer that scales to everyone and not them selves.

I don’t have to do anything. The addon is released as-is, if it suits your needs then use it. If it don’t suit your needs then don’t use it. You’re more than welcome to hire someone to develop a similar addon to do what you want it to do.

Now, as I said earlier, I’ll look into it later. That may be awhile due to other work taking priority over this.

Top Bottom