[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I have a question.

Some of my users want to create a private thread.

Do they have to specify a member to create a private thread?

Can't they just make it private so that all admins can see that thread and not someone else? I don't want that they have to look out who is the admin of the forum and than specify their username to make the thread private.

Do they have to specify a member to create a private thread?
For this addon, yes.

Can't they just make it private so that all admins can see that thread and not someone else? I don't want that they have to look out who is the admin of the forum and than specify their username to make the thread private.
You don't need an add-on to achieve that, it's possible with core xF node permissions.

This addon does not work at all, and is worthless. After purchasing, I created a private thread on my forum, and I included one other user to test it, however many other users reported being able to read the private message. I submitted a support ticket about this on Snog's site but have not received a reply and it has been a few days.

Last edited:
I submitted a support ticket about this on Snog's site but have not received a reply and it has been a few days.
Sorry you're having trouble but something's wrong, we have no open support tickets and the last we heard from you at snogssite is linked below.

We'll get you taken care of as soon as ozzy or Painbaker can take a look.

we have no open support tickets
I messaged ozzy47 on snogssite.com, I see no option for opening a support ticket other than messaging the site owner or author. It says to submit a report bug using the button below, however as you can see that option does not exist:
1629377327161.webp

The mystery of why no open support tickets. Why you see no bug report button is another mystery.

Best practice for support requests is to post in the support thread for the add-on. More eyes are on it that way.
when I have done that in the past with other developers I have been chastised, asking to open a private support ticket, but that option is not obvious or available anywhere on the site. This addon does not work at all, all posts made with the private thread option are visible to all users, not just the ones indicated - this seems like a major flaw since that is the main function of this addon.

in the past with other developers I have been chastised, asking to open a private support ticket
I can't speak about other devs, only about us. We have no such requirement and we don't chastise customers. Posting in the support thread either here as you have done or at snogssite, will get you support.

Again, sorry you're having this problem.

I dont understand why, I don't see any purchases listed on the site, but it was there before, and I was obviously able to download it and install it. You can see my receipt below.

1629379934348.png

and here you can see the download with the license info attached to it, that I downloaded earlier from the site, after I purchased it and verified my xenforo license:
1629380364040.png
I have submitted a chargeback on paypal, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It’s not showing up because you filed a chargeback.

Had you followed proper procedure and posted a post in the addon thread, maybe you would halve had your questions answered. Then if there were I resolvable issues, then a refund might have been offered.

Anyway, since you filed a chargeback, it’s in PayPal’s hands now.

It’s not showing up because you filed a chargeback.

Had you followed proper procedure and posted a post in the addon thread, maybe you would halve had your questions answered. Then if there were I resolvable issues, then a refund might have been offered.

Anyway, since you filed a chargeback, it’s in PayPal’s hands now.
@Ozzy47 I submitted the chargeback because I did not receive a reply from you regarding any support for this addon that I purchased. What else was I supposed to do?

Why are you being so combative? Why not just give me a refund instead of going through PayPal's legal process? You have that ability as a seller; you just don't seem to want to use it.

Last edited:
@Ozzy47 I submitted the chargeback because I did not receive a reply from you regarding any support for this addon that I purchased. What else was I supposed to do?

So now you are unwilling to stand by your add-ons, and you remove my ability to download the item that I purchased, or receive any support at all, which means you should also give me a refund.

Why be so combative?
This entire problem is just a misunderstanding and miscommunication and it can be resolved reasonably.

Your private message to ozzy was probably just missed, but in any event in his signature at snogssite he asks please do not PM him with support requests and instead use the support threads.

Secondly, when there is a chargeback for a product, the license for that product is suspended. We don't provide support without a valid license for the add-on.

I suggest you cancel the chargeback and let's work the problem and get you hooked up.

his signature at snogssite he asks please do not PM him with support requests and instead use the support threads.
The support site also says that I should use the "report bug" option, and that wasn't visible to me even before my download was removed, which is why I messaged him privately. I did not look at his "signature" - I saw him listed as the author so I clicked on his avatar and chose "start conversation"

If I cancel the chargeback now then my legal options regarding this purchase are limited in the future, and also my purchase was removed so now I can't even download it if I wanted to, or if it is updated or fixed. I will be happy to cancel the chargeback once I see my license returned, and I see that my concerns are addressed. The combative nature of @Ozzy47 does not give me much hope for this outcome.

Last edited:
The support site also says that I should use the "report bug" option, and that wasn't visible to me even before my download was removed, which is why I messaged him privately.

If I cancel the chargeback now then my legal options regarding this purchase are limited in the future - I will be happy to cancel the chargeback once I see my license returned.
If we can't resolve issues with our products, in the past we have issued refunds. It's rare but has happened. We don't leave people hung out to dry.

It don’t work that way, once the chargeback is filed, the license is automatically revoked via the shop system.
This is obviously a bad transaction, the addon does not work, why not just issue me a refund instead of making me go through the paypal legal process?

Back
Top Bottom