[OzzModz] OS/Browser Display for XenForo

[OzzModz] OS/Browser Display for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)
Snog updated OS/Browser Display for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

OS/Browser Display for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.5

An update to OS/Browser Display for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Icon availability check
WARNING: If you have customized anything in the data/osbrowser folder, those customizations will be lost with this update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Snog
I am having a problem, i cannot install OS Browser Display 2.0.6 under Xenforo 2.1.2
I am having that kind of error

Does the data folder exist on your site and is it writable?

According to the error, it doesn't exist. And that's a default XF folder that should exist.

Code:
Server error log

RuntimeException: Root is invalid or does not exist: /home3/roiarthur/test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/data/ src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Ftp.php:190

Generated by: Roiarthur May 28, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Ftp.php(144): League\Flysystem\Adapter\Ftp->setConnectionRoot()
#1 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/AbstractFtpAdapter.php(638): League\Flysystem\Adapter\Ftp->connect()
#2 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Ftp.php(388): League\Flysystem\Adapter\AbstractFtpAdapter->getConnection()
#3 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/AbstractFtpAdapter.php(595): League\Flysystem\Adapter\Ftp->getMetadata('osbrowser/index...')
#4 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(57): League\Flysystem\Adapter\AbstractFtpAdapter->has('osbrowser/index...')
#5 [internal function]: League\Flysystem\Filesystem->has('osbrowser/index...', Array)
#6 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(431): call_user_func_array('parent::has', Array)
#7 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(395): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->callFilesystemMethod('has', Array)
#8 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(128): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->delegateMethodCall('has', Array)
#9 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(118): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->has('osbrowser/index...')
#10 [internal function]: League\Flysystem\Filesystem->putStream('osbrowser/index...', Resource id #692, Object(League\Flysystem\Config))
#11 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(431): call_user_func_array('parent::putStre...', Array)
#12 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(395): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->callFilesystemMethod('putStream', Array)
#13 src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php(71): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->delegateMethodCall('putStream', Array)
#14 src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/MountManager.php(613): League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->putStream('osbrowser/index...', Resource id #692, Array)
#15 src/XF/Util/File.php(185): League\Flysystem\MountManager->putStream('osbrowser/index...', Resource id #692, Array)
#16 src/addons/Snog/OSBrowser/Setup.php(232): XF\Util\File::copyFileToAbstractedPath('src/addons/Snog...', 'data://osbrowse...')
#17 src/addons/Snog/OSBrowser/Setup.php(50): Snog\OSBrowser\Setup->copyContents('src/addons/Snog...')
#18 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php(60): Snog\OSBrowser\Setup->installStep3(Array)
#19 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php(27): Snog\OSBrowser\Setup->installStepRunner(3, Array)
#20 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(398): Snog\OSBrowser\Setup->install(Array)
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AddOn', 'Install', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#25 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#26 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#27 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#28 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-OSBrowser/install"
  ["referrer"] => string(76) "http://test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-OSBrowser/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/Snog-OSBrowser/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["_xfProcessing"] => string(1) "1"
    ["continue"] => string(1) "1"
    ["confirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["params"] => string(2) "[]"
    ["count"] => string(1) "1"
    ["finished"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

This will take some time to diagnose, so don't think I'm ignoring you. The file copy function uses the built in XenForo file system to copy files to the data folder and it is that XenForo function throwing the error. So, it's not coming directly from the add-on.

Are you using a remote server to serve things from the data folder? (such as Digital Ocean Spaces or Amazon S3)

If yes, you may have your ftp path set incorrectly for that.

In your screenshots you see /test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/ is root, but you appear to have configured it with the full path /home3/roiarthur/test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/ which results in the actual FTP path XenForo uses being /test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/home3/roiarthur/test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/data which does not exist.

Last edited:
No, i am using HostGator business plan
I was tryng to update 2.0.12 version to 2.1.2 on my test forum using a subdomain before i delete it and install the update on my production board
All the others addons that i update including your Advanced Forms for Xenforo works perfectly except for these two addons
I shall wait what you can do to fix it

No, i am using HostGator business plan
I was tryng to update 2.0.12 version to 2.1.2 on my test forum using a subdomain before i delete it and install the update on my production board
All the others addons that i update including your Advanced Forms for Xenforo works perfectly except for these two addons
I shall wait what you can do to fix it
Since it's XenForo itself that is throwing the error, there's little I can do about it.

The add-ons uses this code and XenForo command:
Code:
$newPath = sprintf('data://osbrowser/%s', $newFile);
File::copyFileToAbstractedPath($oldPath, $newPath);

From that point forward, it's in XenForo's hands. And it's XenForo saying the data path doesn't exist, not the add-on.
RuntimeException: Root is invalid or does not exist: /home3/roiarthur/test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com/data/ src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Ftp.php:190

Since you're the only one that seems to be experiencing this, the only thing I can suggest is try disabling all of your other add-ons to see if they might be involved. And if that doesn't work, you could try opening a support ticket with XenForo.

EDIT: The one other thing I thought of is you're using a sub-folder of your main site. It MIGHT be that the sub-folder can't be written to and the connection is being refused. Try changing test.tutoriaux-excalibur.com so it's also writable. If that doesn't work, change the permissions back to the way they were.

Last edited:
I will ask my co-admin engineer to check that

I shall also try to deactivate all my addons on my production board when i will upgrade to Xenforo 2.1.2 ans i will start to upgrade these two addons first and see what's happening

@ozzy47 Please can you add option Postbit Position?

• User Details: Top
  • User Details: Bottom
  • User Extras: Top
  • User Extras: Bottom
  • After message date
ScreenShot01279.webp

Support will be added for, Basilisk, Brave and Avast.

Cyberfox won’t be added, it is dead. The author declared it dead in 2017. The last update was in January of 2018.

Firefox Developer don’t be added. Developer previews use user agents like Minefield, Namoroka and Shiretoko with no reference to them being Firefox at all. It would be impossible to keep up with updates for developer previews. The actual developer version of Firefox (not the previews) is picked up by the add-on already.
2AE8AFFF-7556-43E8-9468-C809EF95B12A.webp

Cliqz won’t be added. It identifies itself as firefox and doesn't provide a unique user agent to identify itself, and they have no intention of changing that.

Support will be added for, Basilisk, Brave and Avast.

Excellent ! Also does added for support for Chrome-based Edge or Edge Web Browser? Tor web browser aren't support for icon show?

Firefox Developer don’t be added. Developer previews use user agents like Minefield, Namoroka and Shiretoko with no reference to them being Firefox at all. It would be impossible to keep up with updates for developer previews. The actual developer version of Firefox (not the previews) is picked up by the add-on already.

Then both icon are still using old mozilla firefox icon. Can you update for use mozilla firefox new icon for both mozilla firefox and Developer previews? Also icon pick up from what versions of mozilla firefox versions because this icon changed from 70 versions?

ScreenShot01284.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom