[OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply Buttons In Thread

[OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply Buttons In Thread 2.0.3 Patch Level 2

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Will Highlight some post then +Quote feature will still work for 1st and last post with this addon?
Thanks!

Will Highlight some post then +Quote feature will still work for 1st and last post with this addon?

It would be nice if highlight+quote still worked. If the goal of this add-on is to stop some people from abusing the quote feature, then it's OK to let non-abusing users use the highlight feature to bypass a strict ban.

BTW, if you do a manual template modification (which is how we did it on XenForo 1.x), then highlight+quote still works.

@ozzy47 This add-on not compatible with this addon.
We use a different (but probably identical) add-on called "MMO Tag User," and it still works with Ozzy's add-on.

Mmm I am pretty sure if you make the changes to template manually, select to quote feature is disabled as well.

@Chromaniac Just tested it. You're right, at least in XenForo 2.x it disables both.

Also, I spoke too soon. If you install Ozzy's add-on and then the MMO Tag user add-on, then the tag button will disappear from the first and last post. But if you install MMO Tag User first and then this add-on, then you get the best of both worlds.

w4O3x83.png

I'm still looking for an addon that disables full quotes once and for all, but still preserves the 'highlight text' to quote feature. It's crazy that this even exists. I have never seen a full quote that was value add.

I don't care if it uses templates, or html hide codes, or a bot that retroactively deletes the full quote inside the text box... whatever the technique even if they break XF's coding rules. All these addons that remove it, do it by the book which then also disables the 'highlight text' feature.

Top Bottom