[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Just happened to look at my contact us log this morning. Over 34,000 spam emails blocked since I installed this mod (or since the log was last auto-pruned). Truly awesome.

I use two of Ozzy's spaminator addons and they are excellent.

I also use another addon that restricts by country so the countries on my list cannot register, use the contact form or interact in ant way.

The two countries I have on my list so far are Russia and India.

Russia - because of constant trickery and intrusions.
India - for every legitimate member I am getting dozens of users registering to place links in their profiles.

Since I run a regional forum I can ban other countries without affecting my users and it keeps the numbers on the spaminator reports down to a few per day.

* bump *

Just happened to look at my contact us log this morning. Over 34,000 spam emails blocked since I installed this mod (or since the log was last auto-pruned). Truly awesome.

@Ozzy47 - I was hoping to get a sense of how frequently the spam attempts were getting trapped, but the log report does not include any time or date stamp. Is that something could be added easily? Sorry if that's been asked and answered before.
Are we talking about the same product? This one does not prune the log, and the log DOES have time/date stamp.
Screenshot_20230223-115834.webp

My log doesn't have the date stamp, but after looking at y'alls replies, I thought to check the version I'm running. I apparently need to update my script as I'm still running 1.1.3

My log doesn't have the date stamp, but after looking at y'alls replies, I thought to check the version I'm running. I apparently need to update my script as I'm still running 1.1.3
It's been a coupla years since we added the time/date stamps. But really happy to see the Spaminators are working great for you and all y'all out there.

Hey there - my server is throwing errors from this plugin. This has been going on forever but I'm just getting to reporting it.

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 10.18.50 AM.png

Trace from one of those entries:

Code:
#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1406, '22001')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1406, '22001')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1516): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_ozzmodz_cont...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1248): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/addons/OzzModz/ContactUs/XF/Pub/Controller/Misc.php(151): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): OzzModz\ContactUs\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc->actionContact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Misc', 'Contact', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\IgnoreContent\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\IgnoreContent\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request State:

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/**mysitedir**/index.php?misc/contact"
  ["referrer"] => string(55) "http://www.**mysite**.com/**mysitedir**/index.php?misc/contact"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["misc/contact"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(21) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["username"] => string(10) "Pouringhtw"
    ["username_confirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["email"] => string(22) "courtsmith01@gmail.com"
    ["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(0) ""
    ["own_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["email_confirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["url"] => string(3) "url"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["additional_security"] => string(14) "email_security"
    ["name_cb"] => string(1) "1"
    ["password_cb"] => string(8) "********"
    ["email_cb"] => string(1) "1"
    ["subject"] => string(19) "writing motor skill"
    ["message"] => string(42) "written on the parchment was scratched out"
    ["website_code"] => string(77) "Ваша сссылка с HTTP:// БЕЗ закрывающего слеша"
    ["submit"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(55) "http://www.**mysite**.com/**mysitedir**/index.php?misc/contact"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(13) "/misc/contact"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I imagine this is due to the ipaddress field being defined as char(15) while much longer IPv6 addresses are almost constant. Here's a sample IP log from one random legitimate user.

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 10.20.28 AM.png

Thanks!

Using the same plugin, just checked, no errors so probably unique to your board.

Hope you fix it, good luck (y)

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:
This is a beta release, take a full backup before installing on a production site. Optimally try it out on a test site that is a replication of your live site before installing on the live site. It has had limited testing.

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator for XenForo for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.2.0 Beta 1

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:
This is a beta release, take a full backup before installing on a production site. Optimally try it out on a test site that is a replication of your live site before installing on the live site...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: cwe
Top Bottom