[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Every time I click Buy, it takes me to some other website, feels very sketchy, but this addon looks great. Is there some way I can just purchase this through xenforo.com?
Most addon developers here work this same way with their paid addons. We employ pretty common commerce methods for digital distribution of 3rd party products.

-- James from OzzModz/Snog's

Every time I click Buy, it takes me to some other website, feels very sketchy, but this addon looks great. Is there some way I can just purchase this through xenforo.com?

Any paid addons listed here are going to take you off this site in one way or another. Nothing sketchy at all is going on.

My choice of words in sketchy was poor as it implied some hostility.

As someone new to this, it feels very odd that I have to go sign into a second site in order to make a purchase when this site has the buy button.

Sounds like that's the case here in general, so I guess this is general feedback to the xenforo team. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was put off and proceeded not to buy a plugin due to this design choice.

I'm sure there are arguments for why it was set up this way, but I've never run into such a pattern on any other website, so my gut reaction was to not purchase.

I think I need to clear up this unnecessary one star review by @Chris2
Tried to purchase multiple times. Was sent to his website to register to be able to buy the item. Was never sent a registration confirmation email after multiple attempts to resend. Even tried to register with another email and nothing. Then, the kicker, I emailed him for assistance and he never replied. This has been over a week ago now. Would never do business with this person, beware.

He registered on my site on January 25th. For some reason, he did not get the confirmation email. He sent me an email on the 26th of January, stating he did not get them. On the 27th of January, I manually approved the account, and sent off an email, and a PC on the site,saying the same thing.

Screenshot (2).webp

I want to throw out a huge thank you to @Ozzy47 for the "Registration Spaminator" and "Contact us Spaminator" addons. Both are installed on our forum along with the "Geoblock Registrations" addon which blocks access from specifically designated countries.

We have basically NO spammers. I can't remember when we last had a spammer.

Thank you. I believe in flying pigs. ;)

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.1.1

This update is to re add what was done here, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-contact-us-spaminator.7444/update/34945/

Somehow there was a regression in the code and the removed info was added back. I think this was don by changing dev sites and not removing the info from the files. This update to remove my IP address from the log viewing permissions for the addon. This has been in the addon form the vB days and was there for me to view the logs if people were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Ozzy47 I was going to update my Contact Us Spaminator from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1. However, when I enter my Xenforo validation token on Snog's website I receive this:
1655327202275.webpMy license is valid until 12/30/2022. My validation token contains the number 0...which I thought might be upper case letter "o" ....but neither works. Can you offer any hints?

I’ve manually validated your license.

Im getting this:

Code:
Stack trace
INSERT  INTO `xf_ozzmodz_contactus_log` (`username`, `username_confirm`, `ipaddress`, `email`, `own_email`, `email_confirm`, `url`, `additional_security`, `password_confirm`, `subject`, `message`, `name_cb`, `password_cb`, `email_cb`, `user_agent`, `website_code`, `dateline`, `log_id`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1406, '22001')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1406, '22001')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1516): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_ozzmodz_cont...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1248): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/addons/OzzModz/ContactUs/XF/Pub/Controller/Misc.php(151): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): OzzModz\ContactUs\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc->actionContact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Misc', 'Contact', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

I have purchased a lot of addons from a lot of authors and some sites have a $35 per year subscription for all addons.

What concerns me about this addon is that at $30 it is on the higher side and quite honestly I can't pay that multiple times.

Screenshot (64).webp

If I am reading this right as soon as Xenforo 2.3 comes out I am out of luck with updates.

Sorry, but for a $30 addon I would expect to get more updates than this.

Am I totally out of line saying that?

I don't know about the rest of you but I am spending a small fortune on addons and I am having to look at repeat costs because once I include all addons, cloud subscription etc the costs are starting to get prohibitive.

For me to consider this addon it would have to have updates until Xenforo 3.0

Top Bottom