[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
If I am reading this right as soon as Xenforo 2.3 comes out I am out of luck with updates.

Sorry, but for a $30 addon I would expect to get more updates than this.
We have never charged for updates and never will. The listing of version compatibility is simply that - a listing of compatibility. It has nothing to do with your lifetime license of the product.

--James with OzzModz

Thank you James, that makes a big difference.

screenshot-64-png.276887

If you look you will see it clearly says

Updates Duration: Lifetime for Xenforo versions listed above.
Then the versions listed are 2.1 & 2.2

I have been looking at this addon for a while now and was confused because of the wording.
What about when version 2.3 comes out?

SO thank you for the clarification, I will go ahead with my purchase.

That said, there might be some room for improvement in how the wording is phrased.
Had I not posted and asked the question I would not have purchased the addon thinking it had short updates.
To me it meant lifetime updates for version 2.1 & 2.2

Updates Duration: Lifetime for Xenforo versions listed above.
Then the versions listed are 2.1 & 2.2

I have been looking at this addon for a while now and was confused because of the wording.
What about when version 2.3 comes out?
We don't talk about or make promises about xenforo products that don't exist. We can't possibly know about compatibility with something that doesn't exist.

We say "listed above" in order to exclude OLDER xenforo versions. Not to exclude future ones.

Not a lot. Also they charge a subscription fee for simple template edits, it’s not as good as it appears on the surface.

Yes you are right, I have so many of his addons and edits that I see it all the time so "a lot" was just in my mind.
That said, I am glad to support him, he is super helpful.

I have a number of your free addons and this one for contact form spam is a really big issue so I thought I would purchase it. Was going to for a while but I thought the cost was a bit high. For me in Canadian dollars this will come to around 50 bucks Canadian so it is a high cost, that is why I asked if you would ever consider a similar subscription model because you have a few paid addons I am interested in.

Instead of a lifetime license maybe a subscription model could also be an option to consider. So many services are going to the subscription model and I even subscribe to Xenforo cloud. This way I can budget my annual costs to stay within a budget of some sorts.

Sorry, I only do lifetime licenses, I don’t get into the perpetual charging of people yearly.

I also don’t bundle a bunch of garbage together to trick people into purchasing my services/addons.

Do you mean Andy's addons (let's be honest and brave) are just garbage? And, so, that all these subscribers are just idiots?

It's all relative and what you are willing to pay for, I am totally aware some of his addons are simple edits but others are fairly nice addons and quite honestly he has helped me with support behind the lines and the combination thereof is worth the fee to me. He needs to make a living and countless times he is the guy that provided me with the answers to my support questions.

There is room for everyone in this business and just like I now abide by the OZZMODZ rules and pay 30 bucks for this incredible addon, there is room for everyone as long as the modifications get the job done.

he has helped me with support behind the lines and the combination thereof is worth the fee to me. He needs to make a living and countless times he is the guy that provided me with the answers to my support questions.

I agree, he has helped many people behind the scenes.

Show me where I said idiots??
It's induced by the fact that he sells garbage, who would buy garbage if not idiots? But this is not the place to argue, it's just that I found your thinking a bit violent and inappropriate, everyone goes his own way, no need to push others to move forward.

Yes, selling simple template edits is garbage.
To complete if some of its addons are simple modifications of templates others are more advanced and unique.

🤷‍♂️

It's just that as a consumer I have the right to say that a company is bad. But as a company telling consumers in the market that its competitor is just rubbish is not very honorable. It is not a question of opinion but of value.

To report back

I have installed this addon and it does exactly as it says.
Already stopped my morning contact spam.

The addon is more sophisticated than I thought, yet incredibly easy to install and apply.

I was very impressed when I put it into test mode and saw that even the mock verification code changes with each pageload.

What a brilliant execution for this addon.... I absolutely love it. (y)

To report back

I have installed this addon and it does exactly as it says.
Already stopped my morning contact spam.

The addon is more sophisticated than I thought, yet incredibly easy to install and apply.

I was very impressed when I put it into test mode and saw that even the mock verification code changes with each pageload.

What a brilliant execution for this addon.... I absolutely love it. (y)
It took us well over a year and lots of testing, to get it perfected.

It took us well over a year and lots of testing, to get it perfected.

I also had an idea here:

Randomize Contact Form URL: MyForum.com/misc/contact​

That might be an idea for another addon not quite as sophisticated for people that don't want to spend $30

Top Bottom