[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
I like to give badge A to members with a score of >70 and badge B for people with score of >90.
I set them up accordingly so some people with score >90 will have both badges A and B. Ideally, I would want those with >90 score have only badge B.
Should I set up badge A for those >70 and do not have badge B?
What is the correct logic to go about this?

Hey, not at all an important question, but I am just curious if this is something I can fix: I have a user(s) who has only one active, current, badge.

However under "Badges" it says "2."

Is there anyway to get the system to properly update the amount of badges the user holds?

I like to give badge A to members with a score of >70 and badge B for people with score of >90.
I set them up accordingly so some people with score >90 will have both badges A and B. Ideally, I would want those with >90 score have only badge B.
Should I set up badge A for those >70 and do not have badge B?
What is the correct logic to go about this?
I am wondering the same question. How did you handle it?

I am wondering the same question. How did you handle it?
I didn't. Now those with 90 got both A and B.
I used to do "set up badge A for those >70 and do not have badge B" but I found some have 90 but only have badge A instead of B.
I don't know if there is some issue with the addon or some logic issue but it seems very simple.
Maybe @Ozzy47 can give some hint.

Just the 70/90 section please. Screenshot is too big, so it gets automatically resized, I can't see anything.

???

You do realize that your question is about that one custom criteria you are using? What do you expect the addon do here magically?

Your custom criteria is coded like that and it works as intended. It has nothing to do with the badges addon.

Since 90+>90 and 90+>70 , ofc it will meet both criteria and award 2 badges. The addon works flawlessly in this case.

Most of the criteria problems are not related to this addon. Because it is either related to how XenForo core handles criteria or like in your case it is based on custom criteria.

The problem is in the criteria. You need to refine it like:

"Grade above X and under X" for example like Grade above 70 and under 90".

With such a criteria it would only reward it if above 70 but under 90. And for the 90+ guys you can do above 90 and under 1000. So you must custom develop it again.

Last edited:
???

You do realize that your question is about that one custom criteria you are using? What do you expect the addon do here magically?

Your custom criteria is coded like that and it works as intented. It has nothing to do with the badges addon.

Since 90+>90 and 90+>70 , ofc it will meet both criteria and award 2 badges. The addon works flawlessly in this case.

Most of the criteria problems are not related to this addon. Because it is either related to how XenForo core handles criteria or like in your case it is based on custom criteria.

The problem is in the criteria. You need to refine it like:

"Grade above X and under X" for example like Grade above 70 and under 90".

With such a criteria it would only reward it if above 70 but under 90. And for the 90+ guys you can do above 90 and under 1000. So you must custom develop it again.
Yes, i realize the custom criteria is lacking in that i cant do >70 and <90 right now.
That is why I tried to hack it with >70 and do not have the >90 badge.
thanks for confirming the issue.

Hmm, I thought about this again since I didn't see/realize that you have "does not have the following badges" criteria as addition.

There might be a bug with the addon in that case because from what you said it should not award badge A for people above 90 because they have badge B.

I would advise you to test following cases:

1)
Badge A: Award if Badge B is not there
Badge B: Award if >90

Look if people above 90 got only badge B and people above 70 got only badge A.

2)
Badge A: Award if Badge B is not there
Badge B: Award if user is in custom group x

To test if the criteria "user does not have badge x" works correctly.

The triggering is rather troublesome. I can force the cron and sometimes it'll work or not. Here is the kicker, If I login to an account via Login in as user (add-on) it triggers it. Whereas, the user who logs out and in does the same, it does not trigger. Eh?

@Ozzy47 Can you open-source this addon, please? I would like to contribute some modifications. For example, provide an API to customize badge, and set badge text value based on an external data source.

That’s really something I doubt I’d do. But if you wish, you could share the modifications with me and I’d see about adding it into the addon.

Top Bottom