[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
After XenForo's update, badges do not appear in messages. Even though they are selected to appear in the style properties, they don't appear. Can you check it? @Ozzy47
I wondered why my postbit looked different!

It's due to the template changing and the replacement not picking it up - the new one is now:

Code:
<xf:userbanners user="$user" tag="div" class="message-userBanner" itemprop="{{ $includeMicrodata ? 'jobTitle' : '' }}" />

(It's the added microdata that's causing the issue)

I replaced this:
Code:
<xf:userbanners user="$user" tag="div" class="message-userBanner" itemprop="{{ $includeMicrodata ? 'jobTitle' : '' }}" />
With this:
Code:
            <xf:if is="{{ property('ozzmodz_badges_show_in_message') }}">
                <xf:css src="ozzmodz_badges_featured_badges.less" />

<xf:macro name="featured_badges" template="ozzmodz_badges_featured_badges_macros"
                          arg-location="message" arg-user="{$user}" />
            </xf:if>
And it is working.

I sure @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker will wip up the fix for it.

Hi,

Recently updated 2.3.3 but member has posted saying he did not get his badge, its not automatically sending,

@Ozzy47 Thank you very much, I have researched but still haven't found a way to implement it. Is there any way to add the condition of calculating from the OECD date to a certain milestone and award the corresponding badge?

1.webp

2.webp

@Ozzy47 I have a bit of a strange one here as I have just added a badge for our Premium Members. This is displaying on some of the Premium Members postbits but not others. I have run the cron a few times to see if that would solve it but nothing.

As can be seen in the image the first badge shown is the P then the other badges follow. Below that this member does not have that badge. The criteria to trigger this is the member must belong to the Premium usergroup. As can be seen both show the ribbon that they are a member of that group.

1685110088891.png

Last edited:
Can you update the mod so users can choose what badges tp show first? Like i want badge 8 to show in front of badge 4.

Can you update the mod so users can choose what badges tp show first? Like i want badge 8 to show in front of badge 4.

Use badge sorting tool in admin panel:

1685296566233.webp

Or do you mean sorting for each user individually?

I have run the cron a few times to see if that would solve it but nothing.
Cron job is used to award only recently active users
Use "[OzzModz] Badges: Rebuild user badges" rebuild tool to apply badges for all users

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker

I'm glad you liked my suggestions enough to implement them :) If you are looking for further development plans, I have further ideas.

#4 Name templates​

It's an idea designed more for repetitive badges, but it could just as well be used for any badge.

Namely, some sort of tag could be added in the badge name, such as {tag: default name}. Then the badge description could include a reference in the form of {tag: name}.
Example:
  • badge name: Winner {comp: forum} competition
  • default name of badge awarded: Winner forum competition
  • badge name if the "reason" field is entered "{comp: winter}": Winner of winter competition

Usually, however, it would be useful to swap the year/season number of a given tournament for repetitive badges. It would then be useful to remember to include an empty default field (e.g. European Champion {year:}).

Alternatively, a field could be added for a variable to substitute for the tag when awarding the badge.

#5 Multiple tabs in profile​

You can further expand the range of badge uses in a simple way - by dividing them into different tabs in the user's profile. Some of them can be used as a collection of badges for forum activities, others as trophies for tournaments in online games, others as awards given in forum voting plebiscites. When someone separates these uses, it's a good idea to have separate tabs to make it easier to link the designated award categories.

Each badge category could be assigned to a new tab (these would only show up if at least one category was assigned there, even if the user in point did not have any badges there).

If dynamic profile tab generation is too complicated to implement, you could add hard-coded assigned badge categories: badges, trophies, awards. The bookmarks would be assigned categories, not individual badges.

#6 Turn off badge feature option​

It would be nice to have an option to select with each badge whether the user can feature them in the profile or not :) This would combine well with the suggestion about multiple tabs in the profile (because, for example, we may want to allow feature only badges, but trophies and awards no longer).

#7 Preview of chosen category​

Again, this is a suggestion related to the division of badge categories into different tabs in the user profile. Let's assume an example scenario:

• I award badges for various forum activities, which can be featured in the profile
  • separately I have categories for trophies for winning tournaments in games (which category is displayed in a separate tab, as suggested in #5)
  • I don't want users to feature them along with normal badges (so as not to mix the two categories), but I would like thumbnails to be displayed at the bottom (you can either scale the badge image or add one more per badge to the fields with different resolutions, e.g. 1/4 resolution and make it an optional field) of selected badge categories (i.e. all trophies). You can also set a limit (preferably modifiable) of displayed icons

Notes:
  • icons can even partially overlap to fit more of them on the screen (it's kind of a stack)
  • ideally, it would be arranged in some sort of a click expandable menu, but still in the same area of the post where the badges featured, or also above the signature
  • when you hover the mouse over the icon, the name of the badge should be displayed (in the example described, it is the name of the tournament for which the trophy was won)

@Painbaker I'm just curious, are those suggestions on your future features list or you haven't decided yet?

Have an odd issue....Installed this plugin, imported everything from the old/unsupported plugin I had installed. Everything appeared to work as expected.

BUT, now every badge is doubled - I only use Badges to recognize years of forum membership (5/10/15/20 year anniversaries) and everyone now has two 5's, two 10s, etc. Any easy fix?

A potential suggestion -

An option to automate and award a badge when a user posts to a specific thread ID.

(The NixFifty Onboarding has something similar).

Hiya folks, getting following Issue:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown entity option: ozzmodzBadgesForceFeaturedStacking in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1010
  1. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->setOption() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/XF/Entity/User.php at line 132
  2. OzzModz\Badges\XF\Entity\User->rebuildBadgeCache() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Job/UserBadgeCacheRebuild.php at line 29
  3. OzzModz\Badges\Job\UserBadgeCacheRebuild->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 42
  4. XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 260
  5. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
  6. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 118
  7. XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 122
  8. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  13. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
-------------------------------------
just Trying to :
1686829450650.png

Latest Xenforo Version installed and Latest [OzzModz] Badges 2.3.3.
Now I can't see member's area because I'm getting an error there too:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column ozzmodz_badges_badge_count on XF:User in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1694
  1. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 610
  2. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1022
  3. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->order() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/MemberStat/MostBadges.php at line 18
  4. OzzModz\Badges\MemberStat\MostBadges::getBadgeUsers() in src/XF/Service/MemberStat/Preparer.php at line 145
  5. XF\Service\MemberStat\Preparer->applyCallback() in src/XF/Service/MemberStat/Preparer.php at line 208
  6. XF\Service\MemberStat\Preparer->getResultsData() in src/XF/Service/MemberStat/Preparer.php at line 102
  7. XF\Service\MemberStat\Preparer->getResults() in src/XF/Entity/MemberStat.php at line 124
  8. XF\Entity\MemberStat->getResults() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php at line 124
  9. XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Any Idea how to solve it?
Many Thanks in advance.
@Ozzy47 ?

Last edited:
We love this add on and would love to use it for our large forum, however we're having a difficult time trying to come up with a plan for badges being seen on both dark and light colored background banners. If we use dark colored badges, they are invisible on dark background banners and if we use light colored badges, they are invisible on light colored background banners. A possible solution would be for the member to have a button to select dark or light colored background banner, and the system would select from the dark and light badges we upload.

Until something can hopefully be developed to address this issue, what do you all do to get over this obstacle?

We're anxious to translate our 150 contest winner's profiles from text titles to these badges, just need to sort this out first.

Thank you for your suggestions, we are truly grateful.

When a budget is assigned, is an email also sent?
I've exceeded my hosting's 500 email limit and looking at the xf error logs I see that I have a lot of them referring to emails from this plugin

Can u help me?

I want to change size of avar.

i added this extra.less but not working.

Code:
.featuredBadges--message .badgeIcon {
    max-width: 80px;
}

i want show like this.

2023-07-01_16-20-11.webp

@Painbaker Can I award badges based on posts created in a specific node(s)? If not, that would be useful to have to encourage further posting in nodes in terms of more valuable content.
For example I have badges that go at overall post counts, but I also want badges that value only posts made in the "main node" that will probably provide me with the most SEO friend content/unique content.

How many badges can be stacked? I'm trying to stack five badges but I can only get two to stack. For example; Badge 1, badge 2, badge 3, badge 4, badge 5. When user criteria is met they get badge 1 and then badge 2 etc.
Badge_stacking.webp

When user get badge 2, badge 1 is stacked. But when a user get badge 3, badge 2 is stacked but then badge 1 is not stacked and it is shown again.
Badge_stacking_2.webp

Is this a stacking limit or am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom