[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
@BigPete7978

Guess that's a user criteria based on a custom user field? I assume you created a text field box as custom user field?

What does one type in there usually? But even then, I believe all users will type in different things. But the criteria looks for exact matches, it won't work.

I think you should get this addon if you want to keep that text box and have a criteria working for your case: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-user-criteria-extended.144617

I think the "provides a value" option should work for you.

PS: This addon and/or other addons all use basic XF criteria. So, if you can't do something with XF out of the box, you can't do it with an addon. Because usually addons don't implement their own criterias, they just use what is build in. But some do have their own criterias additionally, but they are specific to those addons like "has x calendar items" or "has x showcase items". So, won't help in most cases if you want to have advanced criteria. Unless you use that TH addon, which is phenomenal but has some bugs I believe and is not supported. That extends the criteria system very nicely and it works with every addon cause it hooks the core XF criteria.

Last edited:
@BigPete7978

Guess that's a user criteria based on a custom user field? I assume you created a text field box as custom user field?

What does one type in there usually? But even then, I believe all users will type in different things. But the criteria looks for exact matches, it won't work.

I think you should get this addon if you want to keep that text box and have a criteria working for your case: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-user-criteria-extended.144617

I think the "provides a value" option should work for you.

PS: This addon and/or other addons all use basic XF criteria. So, if you can't do something with XF out of the box, you can't do it with an addon. Because usually addons don't implement their own criterias, they just use what is build in. But some do have their own criterias additionally, but they are specific to those addons like "has x calendar items" or "has x showcase items". So, won't help in most cases if you want to have advanced criteria. Unless you use that TH addon, which is phenomenal but has some bugs I believe and is not supported. That extends the criteria system very nicely and it works with every addon cause it hooks the core XF criteria.
I'm wondering why they are listing it as Free yet when I add it to my cart it is showing as $10. But yes it is a custom user field. I just want it to unlock if they have anything typed in.

Just downloaded and installed, created a badge and got this when submitting:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'mdi_icon' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 220
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1512
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1244
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 71
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 189
  10. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Admin/Controller/Badge.php at line 74
  11. OzzModz\Badges\Admin\Controller\Badge->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2345
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 512
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Just downloaded and installed, created a badge and got this when submitting:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'mdi_icon' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 220
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1512
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1244
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 71
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 189
  10. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Admin/Controller/Badge.php at line 74
  11. OzzModz\Badges\Admin\Controller\Badge->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2345
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 512
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Should be fixed in the latest version.

I installed this one but cannot seem to get it to work.

I created the badge

1641569081832.png

Award badge if

1641569135402.png

I have placed the user in this usergroup and run the cron job

1641569201620.png

However the badge does not appear in the users information anywhere.

1641569511141.webp

is it possible to show a badge and remove another?
I will explain better: I got one badge for users who get to 10 years on the forum and another for users who get to 5 years on the forum...
Can I just show the 10 years one for users who get it?

Top Bottom