Our forum owner/admin is MIA and we need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBJ86

Hi all,

My name is Jewel and I have been a moderator/admin on a XenForo-format collecting forum for about 6 years now. And for almost as long, our only site owner / super admin has been MIA and unresponsive to all forms of contact. Yet the forum continues to be paid for year after year. It's a very strange and awkward situation.

Many of our widgets/add-ons/templates are outdated or broken now. The Captcha is broken and new members have to be added manually by me. We have lost an enormous amount of traffic and activity for a community that has been around since 1996.

I realize that as I am not a XenForo customer and that I do not have super admin powers, I cannot make any of the changes necessary for this forum to operate properly, but after investing so many years (at least 6 in the xenforo forum, another 10 before that as a mod/admin on the previous format) in managing and facilitating this community, it's understandably a very frustrating situation.

The last thing I want to do is lock down the forum to new members or posts and move to something like Facebook, but without a way to maintain the forum properly, it's only going to continue to go downhill. I welcome any and all suggestions to this extremely frustrating situation.

Support is only available to licensed customers or authorised users added to the customer account, so unfortunately we won't be able to help until the license owner adds you to their account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom