[WMTech] Optional Forums

[WMTech] Optional Forums [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy ($9.00)

Yugensoft

Yugensoft submitted a new resource:

Optional Forums - Set optional forums. Users can show or hide them and their content.

Allows users to show or hide "optional forums". You can select which forums to make optional.

If a user chooses to hide an optional forum, he won't see it in forum lists, in New Posts, or searches etc.

This is useful for boards with controversial or NSFW sub-forums. Users are no longer faced with the choice of: not viewing the board at all, or viewing a board they partly dislike the content of. They can simply opt out of the sub-forums they don't like.

Install...

Read more about this resource...

Like a "before/after"?

Basically when the user chooses to opt out of a sub-forum, it disappears from the front page forum list, and so do it's threads and posts from every possible view. Like it doesn't exist -- the same effect as if the admin removed a user's viewing permission for a certain sub-forum.

I love this and the fact that you can set the forums to be shown or not shown by default. So I have a couple that people have to "opt in" to that I don't want Guests or spiders hitting. This addon did the trick perfectly.

I love this and the fact that you can set the forums to be shown or not shown by default. So I have a couple that people have to "opt in" to that I don't want Guests or spiders hitting. This addon did the trick perfectly.
Glad you like it!

Like a "before/after"?

Basically when the user chooses to opt out of a sub-forum, it disappears from the front page forum list, and so do it's threads and posts from every possible view. Like it doesn't exist -- the same effect as if the admin removed a user's viewing permission for a certain sub-forum.
Can you provide a screenshot how a user can select a forum to opt in/out?

Hello
Is there a way to have some type of button on the main forum page (on each forum) to include or remove select forums? Sort of like having the ability to let members go down the main list of forums and just check off what forums they want to see?

Last edited:
I think it would be really useful if the Addon asks to the new registered user what are the categories/forums he wants to see/follow, in my case I have 3 Macrocategories that deal with very different topics.

I imagine it working in this way: the user registers -> after login appears a modal with a list of the categories (or forums) to select.
Also a widget that works in the same way would be useful for the users registered before the plugin installation.

I just installed this but when I allow any forums to be opted out of, that forum disappears until the user opts back in! I tried with my own account and a test account I have on my forum. Nothing should change until the user opts out!

Is there a fix for this???

Does this guy every respond? I posted here and even sent an email and not a word.

This add on is NOT working properly and I'm not getting any help! There are NO instructions! Had to figure everything out myself. Not worth $10 bucks so far... Reply or REFUND!

Top Bottom