Implemented Openx Banner Management Support

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this could be dealt with advertisement regions, similar to what vBulletin does, except you can define your own code.

It could also be handled with an expanded notices system. Which would be more flexible and useful for many other things as well. :)

I do not know enough about this. But if you have a header or footer template, and the openx code, just put it in there, and let openx deal with the rotation, etc?

I do not know enough about this. But if you have a header or footer template, and the openx code, just put it in there, and let openx deal with the rotation, etc?

Exactly. Simply dump some HTML or Javascript ad code and it should be fine. Personally I feel such systems should be kept segregated from each other.

As an OpenX user, I sympathize.

But adding deep integration which is what it sounds like you're talking about (self service ad buy/tracking is non-trivial and has issues that has kept the OpenX team from tackling it as part of the core OpenX system) really is probably best handled as a purpose built plugin. It would be pretty complex, but for those that *don't* use OpenX it would be totally useless.

Now having a highly flexible system for positioning html/js snippets within the site... THAT would be useful for all sorts of things as well as OpenX, GAM or other advertising system.

That said, I'd LOVE to see/use that plugin :) ala carte ad selling is often much better for forum owner, advertiser and forum member as well, as long as you have good safety controls in place to avoid malicious code injection.

Top Bottom