Add-on On-Leave Account Status

MegaPixel

Hello,

I'm just wondering if I'd be able to get a few quotes for the below work.
I'm not sure how committed I am for the feature, but it's of interest enough to get some quotes.

We're looking for an Addon that will add a button to a users profile that will allow users to mark themselves 'On-Leave'.
If they click it, it'll prompt them to enter a start and end date as well as a 'reason' text field. With the option to end their 'On Leave' status early if they wish.

During the time period where they're set to be on leave, it should:
- Change their primary group to be the 'On Leave' group.
and
- On the "Members" tab at the top of the forum, they'll be a page under that which will list members that are on leave and the reason.

XF: 2.0 (moving to 2.1 within the next few months)

Kind Regards,
Jamie

Hello,

I'm just wondering if I'd be able to get a few quotes for the below work.
I'm not sure how committed I am for the feature, but it's of interest enough to get some quotes.

We're looking for an Addon that will add a button to a users profile that will allow users to mark themselves 'On-Leave'.
If they click it, it'll prompt them to enter a start and end date as well as a 'reason' text field. With the option to end their 'On Leave' status early if they wish.

During the time period where they're set to be on leave, it should:
- Change their primary group to be the 'On Leave' group.
and
- On the "Members" tab at the top of the forum, they'll be a page under that which will list members that are on leave and the reason.

XF: 2.0 (moving to 2.1 within the next few months)

Kind Regards,
Jamie
I've left you a private message in relation to this.

Just a word of caution regarding this, several home insurance companies now allegedly scour social media following claims for burglaries whilst the property is unoccupied due to the owners being away on holiday, looking for posts, etc, where the owner(s) have said/indicated they'll be away therefore advertising the fact.

I made a similar request a while back, and had one or two quotes for it, but didn't go ahead.

I feel like with a bit of work, the noted add-on by @Xon could be extended for most of the desired functionality. I just haven't got around to looking yet..

Did you mean user essentials?
The proposed functionality has no relevance to conversations.

@Alfa1 No, I didn't.. :)

• Auto Respond to conversation starter. With this option, your members are able to set an auto response message to new conversations they receive while on vacation. Each member can set a start date, an end date, and the message that will be automatically posted for them whenever they receive a new conversation/reply. There is also the ability to exclude people you follow from receiving this response.
As I suggested, it'd take a bit of work to extend it but feel like it could be done..

Thanks for explaining. I see how the angle from conversations makes sense. What I would do with a usergroup is to add a 'On Leave' banner so that other members instantly see it.

Why don't you guys just use usergroup promotions by using custom user fields? Let the users tick a box or something and they are in the usergroup "On-leave" with its own banner.

Top Bottom