Octane (6 colors now!) - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

I just visited stewartchamps site and saw this theme there. I'm on an iphone. The collapsible stuff is confusing and not everything shows after I hit the button to expand it.
The only collapsible portions of this style are the sidebar, and categories, both of which are disabled on Stewart's site.

The only collapsible portions of this style are the sidebar, and categories, both of which are disabled on Stewart's site.

Actually, after he mentioned something, I went in and disabled it. Might have been what the issue was. For some reason, it's kinda quirky with Responsive. I think because the arrow sits just to the outside of the sidebar.

Actually, after he mentioned something, I went in and disabled it. Might have been what the issue was. For some reason, it's kinda quirky with Responsive. I think because the arrow sits just to the outside of the sidebar.

If you copy the breakpoints for smaller displays, you should be able to just add this in the declaration:

Code:
.sidebar_toggle_container
{
display:none;
}

The designs weren't made with mobile devices in mind, so editing will probably be necessary to get them to work.

I'm not sure if I should be post here or elsewhere, but I've just a user to fix a little bug with the css of the editor.
He was using one of your styles => Octane - SilvATales Dark

For this css:
HTML:
.xenForoSkin .mceIcon, 
.xenForoSkin .mceSplitButton span.mceAction,
.xenForoSkin a.bbCodeEditorButton span 
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenique/editor-sprite.png') !important;
}

You should not use !important here on the global span otherwise it's not possible to set any another sprite or image.

And to get back the customized icon for the "code" button, you should replace this:
HTML:
.xenForoSkin span.mce_xenforo_code
{
    background-position: 0px -80px;
}

with this
HTML:
{
    background-image: url("styles/octane/xenique/editor-sprite.png");
}

It seems this was the only button to use a different image.

Thank you

I'm not sure if I should be post here or elsewhere, but I've just a user to fix a little bug with the css of the editor.
He was using one of your styles => Octane - SilvATales Dark

For this css:
HTML:
.xenForoSkin .mceIcon,
.xenForoSkin .mceSplitButton span.mceAction,
.xenForoSkin a.bbCodeEditorButton span
{
    background-image: url('@imagePath/xenique/editor-sprite.png') !important;
}

You should not use !important here on the global span otherwise it's not possible to set any another sprite or image.

And to get back the customized icon for the "code" button, you should replace this:
HTML:
{
}

with this
HTML:
{
    background-image: url("styles/octane/xenique/editor-sprite.png");
}

It seems this was the only button to use a different image.

Thank you
It was done that way to cut down on code re-use, otherwise it would need to set the sprite sheet everytime for every icon, which is a waste of code.

I forget why I had to use important, but I think it was an issue with one browser or another, which wasn't properly reading the sprite code.

It was done that way to cut down on code re-use, otherwise it would need to set the sprite sheet everytime for every icon, which is a waste of code.

I forget why I had to use important, but I think it was an issue with one browser or another, which wasn't properly reading the sprite code.

May be you could use TMS and do a change on the template oneditor_js_setup and this code
Code:
.xenForoSkin .mceIcon {background:url(@imagePath/xenforo/editor/icons.png) no-repeat 20px 20px}

Up to you. Thank you for your reply.

May be you could use TMS and do a change on the template oneditor_js_setup and this code
Code:
.xenForoSkin .mceIcon {background:url(@imagePath/xenforo/editor/icons.png) no-repeat 20px 20px}

Up to you. Thank you for your reply.
I'll look into a solution for the issue regarding the editor, however the editor requires a lot of !important classes in the first place, especially when you re-do the the icons.

TMS is not a solution for large framework-based styles. Child styles get imported improperly, and only work if TMS is disabled when the import is done.

however the editor requires a lot of !important classes in the first place, especially when you re-do the the icons.
Yes, you're absolutely right. Css should have a level degree of importance ^^

TMS is not a solution for large framework-based styles. Child styles get imported improperly, and only work if TMS is disabled when the import is done.
I'm not sure it's because of TMS... but more about XenForo. There is a topic on it right now.

The issue is TMS, as it isn't about slow importing, but that importing with TMS will often lead to broken styles being installed because it doesn't inherit properties from parent styles.
Well if your children templates have all different customized code, yes it will not work. Otherwise, with my themes (more basic than yours) it's working: when I made a modification on a parent style template, then this template is modified for all its children providing its children are not customized.

Well if your children templates have all different customized code, yes it will not work. Otherwise, with my themes (more basic than yours) it's working: when I made a modification on a parent style template, then this template is modified for all its children providing its children are not customized.
It's not about template edits, but more about the 400+ style properties our style framework uses. TMS doesn't properly work with the framework because of it.

What is this Xenique framework? Is that something separate to be downloaded for any theme? Is this like the Xenomorph framework? I don't understand how this fits in. Should Xenforo have these functionalities already?

What is this Xenique framework? Is that something separate to be downloaded for any theme? Is this like the Xenomorph framework? I don't understand how this fits in. Should Xenforo have these functionalities already?
The Xenique framework is similar to Xenomorph in that it offers additional style properties and features, though we have put a greater emphasis on element control than on features. The majority of style properties are for controlling existing elements, like the navigation and node styles.

With the exception of free styles and the Cool series of styles, every style from Xenique uses the framework (Which is bundled together with the style). The framework will work with any style as long as the style doesn't override inherited templates.

Most of the framework is just additional style properties to complement existing CSS, and truthfully, if XenForo had all of the style properties offered in our framework, it might be a bit much for most people. I've tried to make the framework as user friendly, and beginner friendly while still keeping it robust and powerful, but it still can be overwhelming and difficult to find things at times.

Please send me the file. I just bought it a few hours back. Thanks

Top Bottom