Not a bug No notification of a pending new resource that requires moderation

Nicky Vermeersch

Prior to when I installed Xenforo 1.2 alongside with the Resource Manager 1.0.2, I remember that there used to be a notification in the admin bar on the top, whenever there was a resource that required moderation.

Now whenever someone posts a new resource, I no longer get notified of that anymore. (see this image)
I doublechecked the permissions, and I have them all to be able to moderate them. (see this image)

The style is stock xenforo without any modifications, and I run the following addons:
- Donation Manager 1.1.3
- Nodes As Tabs 1.2.1
- Sitemap for Xenforo 1.3.2
- WYSIWYG Editor for Pages 0.9.2
- Xenforo Resource Manager 1.0.2
- XenPorta portal 1.6.0

I just tested here on XenForo and cannot seem to reproduce. Can you disable all add-ons (besides RM, obviously), and try on a new, unedited style? Do they appear?

I tried with only the Xenforo RM addon enabled, created a few new resources, and didn't get a notification in the top bar. The style is the default one, and has no customized components.

edit: now I also notice that whenever a user reports a post, I don't receive a notification on the top bar as well.

Last edited:
Found the cause. I recently added more usergroups, and gave moderator permissions to some of them.

If you give people access to the Resource Manager Moderator permissions (all set to true), but the user isn't added under Users>Moderators, it won't display any pending resources in the top bar.
The same applies for Reports: if you make a custom group that has moderator permissions, they won't see the outstanding reports in the top, unless they are explicitly added as a moderator under Users>Moderators (even though they technically are a moderator with that set of permissions)

That is expected and is mentioned in the manual.

If a user is given moderator permissions without being made a moderator, the Moderator Bar, Moderation Queue, and Reported Posts will not be accessible.

Found the cause. I recently added more usergroups, and gave moderator permissions to some of them.

If you give people access to the Resource Manager Moderator permissions (all set to true), but the user isn't added under Users>Moderators, it won't display any pending resources in the top bar.
The same applies for Reports: if you make a custom group that has moderator permissions, they won't see the outstanding reports in the top, unless they are explicitly added as a moderator under Users>Moderators (even though they technically are a moderator with that set of permissions)
I can see my reports, but i cant see the Moderator Bar. I went to user/moderator and set my account to be a maderator, but still nothing shows up on my board at the top.

Top Bottom