XF 2.2 Moving hosts AND upgrading 1.5 to 2.2.11

Terra

I'm currently running site on xf 1.5 and in dire need of an upgrade. I'm also not very happy with my webhost so I'm looking to switch hosts.

Since 1.5 addons do not work for 2.x, I was hoping to set up a blank 2.2.11 (or whatever is latest version) site then fix up any templates or addons and somehow import the old 1.5 site and be done. However, upon researching, it does not seem like I can simply import old db, I would have to use the upgrade tool.

So what is the correct order of operation for me here? As soon as I upgrade to 2.2.x, I assume all addon functionalities will break.

Thank you in advance

Why do you want to import instead of a direct upgrade? Is it the XF1 code cleanup? Or is it because of the server's PHP version?

I would just upgrade directly.

Why do you want to import instead of a direct upgrade? Is it the XF1 code cleanup? Or is it because of the server's PHP version?

I would just upgrade directly.
actually, the way he's wanting to do it would be the cleanest way to "move AND upgrade" at the same time. You simply install the base new script version, import from the other DB and you have NONE of the trash that some of the older add-ons leave in your DB when you do an upgrade. I recently was browsing through my DB (which I do what you suggested upgrade process) and found references to add-ons that have been LONG gone (like Luke Foreman's reactions).

Last edited:
Top Bottom