XF 2.0 Missing the approval queue / notification when new users register

Jakko

First of all...I am new to XF2, just trying to get my imported VB4 running in a test environment. Takes time to get used to XF ACP after many years of VB...
So, bear with me if I am asking for the obvious...
My problem
In ACP-Setup - Options- user registration I checked "enable manual approval".
e-mail setup properly, it works.
However I don't see where I get noticed as an admin (nor super-admin), nor do I see an approval queue after a new user has completed registration.
I have added myself into the Super Moderators group too, doesn't help
Txs for any support

Last edited:
I added Andy's e-mail addon, so I receive a notification when users register - at least, but I am missing a queue where I can see the users to be approved.
Or is this simply not existing in XF2?

Thanks to your hint I found the problem...I have imported my VB where the user ID1 is NOT the super admin, I remember some historical issues back with VB3.6 :(
If I use the XF2 user with ID 1 I have all the top menue items as indicated by you.
Adding my admin's user ID to the config PHP $config['superAdmins'] = '694'; obviously didn't help, as I had assumed.
Is there a reliable way to make any user ID a super admin or is it better to make user with ID1 in the source forum the admin

Last edited:
My approval queue is missing.

I am the super administrator shown in the list below as Tourmeister,

Just for grins, I created the Testmule user and added it as an admin. If I log into that account I am unable to see it there either. When I did a few test installs of XF2 and test imports of my vB database, they were there. Now that I have done the install/import with my live site and made the switch, they are gone. I cannot find any way to make it come back.

If I click on my username on the list, this is what I see,

None of all the other stuff that shows up on the bottom of the page for other admins is present, but I assume that is because the SuperAdmin already has all those permissions according to what it says there under the Super Administrator check bubble.

I sure would appreciate help with this!

Okay, so this is a bit different than what I am used to coming from vB 3.8.1.

Why have regular admins at all, other than a superadmin for doing backend stuff?

Wouldn't I basically just need me as the superadmin and them make the other people supermoderators (I want those few people to have board wide powers)?

Why have regular admins at all, other than a superadmin for doing backend stuff?
I answered in the other thread, but to answer this question here: why have regular admins?

Maybe you want some people to have admin powers, for example giving them access for creating custom fields or thread prefixes or board notices or if you want them to be able to change node/usergroup permissions or create new nodes. Of course if you trust those people. If you are absent for a long time, for monthes, it would be not bad to have some people to take care of such things.

As said, admins deal with the backend, mods with the frontend.

Top Bottom