XF 2.1 messaging all members

OverHere

I need to send a message to all my members in one go, can this be done? how?

also, i want to place a message across my website to show everyone what the change coming is - how can this be done?

Thank you

I would like further help on this if someone would be willing.

This what I see when I go to Communication > Message users. Here I am trying to set up a test where I only message those that are moderating. I have changed the primary user group to reflect that. I have also turned off any secondary groups. When I press 'proceed' it tells me
"Oops we ran into a problem - No users matched the specified criteria." Why is this test not working?

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.30.31 PM.webp

Ultimately I want to be sending a group message to every single member. What would the set up look like on this page?

Change primary to registered and secondary to moderating.
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow. Will users receive emails when I message them too?

Any reason why my test attempt to send just to the moderators isn’t working? Primary is moderating and secondary is off yet I’m getting that error I mentioned

Have you changed the primary user group of the members?

I would recommend changing them back if you have.
The system has been designed with the Registered user group as the primary and all others as secondary.

The criteria you have chosen in the screenshot will only match members who are in the Moderating user group only and no others.

Will users receive emails when I message them too?
If they have opted to get emails for conversations (in their preferences):
Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 15.10.50.webp

Primary is moderating and secondary is off yet I’m getting that error I mentioned
See above. Primary usergroup must be registered, moderating must be secondary usergroup.

Ultimately I want to be sending a group message to every single member.
That is when you would need to send to primary group registered.

Top Bottom