memoryleak

stanleyb23

I got this message from my hosting:

It looks like there is a memoryleak in your application. Because of that PHP FPM pools are using more than 8GB RAM,
Because of that on a regular base theres memory short and the out of memory killer comes to action.

There is a risk that could possibly result in databasecorruption.

In xenforo i see these errors:

• [E_WARNING] proc_open(): fork failed - Cannot allocate memory
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:304

stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] pro...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 304, Array)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(304): proc_open('/usr/sbin/sendm...', Array, Array)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(58): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->_establishProcessConnection()
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/SendmailTransport.php(119): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array)
#4 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(292): Swift_Transport_SendmailTransport->send(Object(Swift_Message), Array)
#5 src/XF/Mail/Queue.php(138): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SendmailTransport), Array)
#6 src/XF/Job/MailQueue.php(12): XF\Mail\Queue->run(G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\MailQueue->run(G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#10 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#11 {main}

Im gonna contact the hosting tomorrow. They should be able to see what causes this memory leaj or shouldnt they?

Can you give me advise on this?

I m a complete noob on this. What can I do to solve this. I got a personal message with the suggestion to not use PHP FPM.
As far as i understood we use that to speed things up, is there an alternative. Do i have to ask my hosting fore more info on the exact errors?

Get your hosts to look at the following for your pools

; The number of requests each child process should execute before respawning.
; This can be useful to work around memory leaks in 3rd party libraries. For
; endless request processing specify '0'. Equivalent to PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS.
; Default Value: 0
;pm.max_requests = 500

We think its an addon that takes a lot of memory. I disabled it and we are monitoring it now.
Thanks for your suggestions!! I will send that to my hosting!

If you do determine it's an add-on which is causing it, post in the resource thread so the developer is aware and can resolve it.

Top Bottom