Looking for an add-on equivalent to ThemeHouse's Hotspot

Miri

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an addon similar to ThemeHouse's Hotspot.

Some time ago I contacted ThemeHouse and they told me that they will not release any version for XF 2.

I did a search and found nothing in the XF resources.
---
I have a collection of about 7000 points to put on an interactive map, divided into 3 or 4 categories.
  • I would like all users to have the possibility to add new points,
  • that each point added corresponds to a new thread, with the possibility of comments.
  • is a main view of the map with dynamic points.
---
I am currently using a component of a cms and it does its job well, but I just wanted to transfer everything to XF (the reason for my request)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an addon similar to ThemeHouse's Hotspot.

Some time ago I contacted ThemeHouse and they told me that they will not release any version for XF 2.

I did a search and found nothing in the XF resources.
---
I have a collection of about 7000 points to put on an interactive map, divided into 3 or 4 categories.
  • I would like all users to have the possibility to add new points,
  • that each point added corresponds to a new thread, with the possibility of comments.
  • is a main view of the map with dynamic points.
---
I am currently using a component of a cms and it does its job well, but I just wanted to transfer everything to XF (the reason for my request)

I have been asking @ThemeHouse to port this to XF2 as well

I have been asking @ThemeHouse to port this to XF2 as well
Great, when did you ask for it?
We really hope they do it for xenforo 2 as well, but I highly doubt it, especially after the latest updates to their policy on Xenforo.
Here's my request made 4 years ago (hoping @Dalton Prock, doesn't get angry, for publicly sharing his answer).
hotspots-–-ThemeHouse.webp
hotspots-–-ThemeHouse (1).webp

Great, when did you ask for it?
We really hope they do it for xenforo 2 as well, but I highly doubt it, especially after the latest updates to their policy on Xenforo.
Here's my request made 4 years ago (hoping @Dalton Prock, doesn't get angry, for publicly sharing his answer).
View attachment 269174
View attachment 269175
ThemeHouse has moved away from developing and releasing add-ons on the XF community, and now is focusing on their own services and their subscription plan, so it is unlikely they will develop and release it. You could see if they would open source the XF1 add-on, and see if someone would see if it is portable or if a new add-on could be developed from scratch using the same features.

Unfortunately, there is no component that fits my request.

Coming from the CMS world, you can easily find these add-ons, but on xenforo there is nothing yet. Perhaps there is not enough demand.

Here are some features (sorry for the repetition) that I would need.
  • Directory view on a map Map, with markers and filtering possibilities (categories and/or distance)
  • Each point can also use 'google street view'.
  • Users can add their own points.
  • When adding a new point, the user can move the place marke (cluster) on the map for greater accuracy on coordinates.
  • Each point corresponds to a new thread.
I have checked and contacted some developers but they do not have anything ready.

I cannot currently afford the expense of developing a customised add-on.

Let's hope that with version 2.3 someone will dedicate themselves to developing something similar. To date, no one has come forward.

Top Bottom