XF 2.2 Limit wysiwyg button to certain forums

eDaddi

Looking to limit Giphy use to only certain forums. How would I hide that from the rest of the forums or even from certain usergroups?

@Brogan

Solution
If you want to disable it for most forums and only allow it for a few, use this instead:

Less:
#xfInsertGif-1
{
    display: none;
}

[data-container-key="node-2"],
[data-container-key="node-4"],
[data-container-key="node-8"]
{
    #xfInsertGif-1
    {
        display: block;
    }
}
This will remove it from specific forums.

Add this to the extra.less template:

Less:
[data-container-key="node-2"]
{
    #xfInsertGif-1
    {
    }
}

Change the node-2 to the ID of the forum in question.

To add multiple forums , enter them on new lines, comma separated:

Less:
{
    #xfInsertGif-1
    {
    }
}

If you want to disable it for most forums and only allow it for a few, use this instead:

Less:
#xfInsertGif-1
{
}

{
    #xfInsertGif-1
    {
        display: block;
    }
}

Solution
Awesome. Thanks man!

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

On the flip side of this ... If I wanted a thread to only be able to add images (no text, quotes, etc) I assume I could block all the buttons for that thread ... why about preventing text in the textbox?

On the flip side of this ... If I wanted a thread to only be able to add images (no text, quotes, etc) I assume I could block all the buttons for that thread ... why about preventing text in the textbox?
It's an editor....all you can do is prevent them from seeing any formatting BBcode buttons.
They will still be able to type in it.
In fact, if they are familiar with BBCode, they can still use the formatting options to make bold, italic, and everything else that the buttons normally do.

It's an editor....all you can do is prevent them from seeing any formatting BBcode buttons.
They will still be able to type in it.
In fact, if they are familiar with BBCode, they can still use the formatting options to make bold, italic, and everything else that the buttons normally do.
I figured but had to ask 🍻

Top Bottom