Licensed or unlicensed xenForo protecting site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxx

If it is licensed xenForo protecting <site>, then can you do something about the said site. The content it contains is truely disgusting and needs to be removed. From gore to assisting young people into killing themselves because “human life is unconsentual”, the website contains guides to how to kill yourself with childish euphemisms of “night night method”. But don’t worry, the rules of the site say that you are not allowed to provide support for suicide and not allowed to tell people how and give advice on how to or encourage into suicide - even though these rules are not enforced at all. So anyone from the moderation perspective at xenForo please answer my question as their admin panel is titled xenForo. Thank you. Learn more about the site here:

I would love to get a response with advice what to do about this monstrosity. Once again thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
XenForo is selling the software, if the license is legally bought. But it could be also a nulled software. So what do you think should someone at XenForo should do?
Do you ask H&K for not selling weapons 'cause the causing killing people?

XenForo is selling the software, if the license is legally bought. But it could be also a nulled software. So what do you think should someone at XenForo should do?
Do you ask H&K for not selling weapons 'cause the causing killing people?
I don’t know what they could do, but the website overtly breaks the law of countries and results in young people killing themselves. Do you not see the issue? If they can do anything they should simply remove protection or delete the site - if possible.

I would love to get a response with advice what to do about this monstrosity. Once again thank you.
I presume it's down to interpretation of this:

You undertake to ensure that the Software is not used by You or others to engage in or promote: illegal activity; any activity that would violate the rights of third parties; defamation, discrimination, harassment, hatred or harm of third parties.

I have removed the site details - it's not something we want posted here, nor advertised.

I have already responded directly to the person on YouTube who is campaigning against the site.

I have made it clear that the site is running XF software unlicensed and there is nothing we can do, but that person refuses to remove our details from their video and keeps encouraging people to contact us regarding it.

Even if it was licensed, we have no access to third party servers and have no way of disabling or deleting sites.

To say it's beyond irritating now after hundreds of reports is an understatement.

No further responses will be made on the forum or via ticket related to this site.

If you really want to do something about it, contact the host or relevant authorities - only they can have sites taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom