Latest post live

Latest post live [Paid] 1.2

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Latest post live - Updates the latest posts widget automatically.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Updates the latest posts widget automatically.

(Example of Latest posts widget)...

Read more about this resource...

Oh and it doesn't seem to be updating the latest posts on my forum. Is there something I'm missing for the install? I've selected all the forums in the options

Hi @AndyB

Have you thought about a Live Update for conversations?

That would not be a good idea. Say you are in the middle of typing a long reply, the draft has not yet saved, and then the page refreshes. I now lost everything I typed and have to start over.

Then it happens again, on the next page refresh, and again......

Yes that would be frustrating. My thought was that it would be possible to see additional messages that the other person in the conversation had typed, not refresh the page you are typing in. I suppose my idea is really more of a messenger style which conversations is not. I have arrowchat which works fine but having arrowchat and conversations is hard to harmonize. One or the other seems to be all that is needed. Too bad arrow messages do not sync with conversations.

@AndyB would something like this work with:

Or because of the caching, would it not work properly?

Top Bottom