Language packs question

KatieC

I would like to add compatibility to my forum to support several languages. I have seen some language packs available for XF, but don't know how they work. Do these change the entire language of the forum for everyone, or is something where an individual user can choose which language they wish to view and participate with?

I would like to add compatibility to my forum to support several languages. I have seen some language packs available for XF, but don't know how they work. Do these change the entire language of the forum for everyone, or is something where an individual user can choose which language they wish to view and participate with?

No, the language packs only change the core software phrases. All user generated content is still in its original posted language.

No, the language packs only change the core software phrases. All user generated content is still in its original posted language.

Does that mean that only things like menu buttons, forum node names, and stuff like that are displayed in the selected language and all user posts are in the languages that they were posted in?

Thanks! That helps me make my decision. Although I was hoping for the ability for a member to be able to view all information in their selected language, this could still be helpful.

Top Bottom