XF 2.2 Keep user login when removing www from a domain

Moshe1010

Is it possible to keep the user being logged in to the forum when changing a domain name from www.domain.com to domain.com?

It seems that all users are logged-out when such a change takes place.

They aren't. We did 301 url redirect to a non-www domain. This caused all users to log-out.
A brand new domain? If they were on the www. location, it's effectively a sub-domain, so I would expect a cookie issue....
But from what you are saying they NEVER were able to get to the WWW sub-domain nor were they logged in via it, you simply did a redirect and users at the main domain (non-WWW) also got logged out after forcing a redirect?

A brand new domain? If they were on the www. location, it's effectively a sub-domain, so I would expect a cookie issue....
But from what you are saying they NEVER were able to get to the WWW sub-domain nor were they logged in via it, you simply did a redirect and users at the main domain (non-WWW) also got logged out after forcing a redirect?
Same domain. They were logged in via www (always), and now moved to non-www.

Then if it's the same as it used to be back in XF 1.x days from my memory, that is an expected behavior since WWW is, as I said, actually a different sub-domain and the cookies and such would be consistent with it and not the base domain. So when you implemented the redirect, they are actually visiting (and needing to log into) a "new" domain if you are referring to them selecting the "stay logged in" option.

Top Bottom