Just received a free £100 google adwords voucher in the post.

DoctorWatsOn

I let my google adwords die a few months ago, because the main new traffic to my site runs from March to Sept, so it wasn't worth topping-up the account.

I only spend about £50 per month during the season and was only thinking yesterday that I'll need to reactivate the campaign in a few weeks and would you believe it - today I receive a free, no strings attached, voucher for £100 to be activated by the end of Feb, to encourage me back.

That's March & April's ads sorted - I am a very happy man. :D

I received a couple a few days ago.

Not sure if I'm going to use them or not yet.

Why not, it's basically free advertising?

When I first launched the site (2009) I used adwords because I didn't have decent links on google.

Last year I had decent links on my main keywords, so I used it on lesser keywords paying only between 2p & 5p a click - £100 free advertising should bring me about 2-3,00o new visitors.
cool.png

:D

I must confess it was on my "To Do" list to at least consider trying it again.

Who knows, with funky new software it may prove more successful this time ;)

Just looked at my stats for 2009 & 2010, the total number of clicks from google adworks were about the same for both years.

However, in percentage terms it drop from 28.76% in 2009 to only 7.78% in 2010, mainly because organic google clicks grow from 29.08% in 2009 to a very respectful 63.01% in 2010.
cool.png

I guess I am doing something right there.
hmm.gif

I think this year I’ll use adwords just to promote the planned new commercial sections to the site, rather than building traffic to the free what’s on listings which seem to be nicely looking after themselves. This will also be an added benefit when I am sitting down with potential clients and selling them pages in these new sections.

I decided to use my voucher in the end but I had exactly the same experience as the last time I used AdWords.

Lots of clicks but a 100% bounce rate.
It's not as if the advert is ambiguous in any way, it is very specific.

I expect I'm suffering from the typical daily ad-clicking behaviour that a lot of forum members do to raise funds for the sites they're members of.

At least it didn't cost me anything.

I decided to use my voucher in the end but I had exactly the same experience as the last time I used AdWords.

Lots of clicks but a 100% bounce rate.
It's not as if the advert is ambiguous in any way, it is very specific.

100% bounce rate, how odd.

I wasn’t really ready to start with AdWords, but as the deadline was the 28th Feb for registering the free voucher I set-up one small campaign with very limited keywords, to put it on a ‘slow burn’ until I reactivate the main campaigns in 2 to 3 weeks.

So, I’ve only had 15 clicks so far at 9p each (£1.35 out of my £100), the average page views have been 6.7, the bounce rate 33.3% and it looks like one new registration.

Yeah got one of these a few months ago. Haven't seen the need to advertise yet so going to just let it go in the trash.

I got a 50 GBP about 4 days ago. About 20 attempts it took to throw and aim it until the card landed inside the waste bin. The card glides well I'll give it that.

I got a 50 GBP about 4 days ago. About 20 attempts it took to throw and aim it until the card landed inside the waste bin. The card glides well I'll give it that.
lol I kind of nibbled my one to death in the end :/ watch some junk on youtube :(

Top Bottom