XF 2.0 Is there an XF2 equivalent to User => Test Permissions?

Kevin

I may be missing the obvious.... I see Groups & Permissions => Analyze Permissions but I'm not seeing in XF2 the old XF1 User => Test Permissions option to actually see the site as a particular user. Is there still an option for that in XF2? :unsure:

Hi Chris,

It ended up not being permissions on one case for definite (attachments in PM's to be specific being posted on open forum).

On other cases it seemed to be permissions set to No much further down the tree which seemed to trip it up, but I can't be 100% certain as some time has passed. If it happens again then i'll post back.

At the moment, Global and Node are not showing a problem so I'm awaiting the user's permission to get into their account.

Not only does Analyse permisions tell you that there is actually problem (not just your user having a browser or cache issue or a misunderstanding but it tells you where the problem is. You can see at a glance which usergroup permission is the problem.

With test permissions the best I found I could do was to either confirm ther may or may not be an issue - no way to know the issue.

I also wasa bit miffed when test permissions was turned off but I got over it very quickly. We all like Analyse permission at my forum especially for complex things (we have various email quotas for different groups and it's great for checking those.

Top Bottom