XF 2.1 Is there a way to strip/convert html/bbcode from none standard imports?

W.D

So this is a weird one, least for XenForo.

I'm not a coder personally and we recently had to "save" a highly important forums content without access to their database. (The owner keeps messing with the community saying they'll sell and then won't, then claiming they'll take it down) It resulted in us crawling all posts/content into a custom database that was manually imported into XenForo. While we have a forum for users to post on all of us wish to preserve the contents of the original which has resulted in this issue.

Weird as that sounds with my lack of coding skills I have fully imported around 60,000 threads and almost a million posts along with usernames to every user that posted least one post. The only issue is it saved the classes/divs/quotes etc when it crawled the posts and XenForo doesn't display them as bbcode. It just shows the html/classes which I cannot work out a fix for.

Below is a couple of screenshot of what I mean,
1564834236986.png
1564834273807.png

I tried replacing the html etc in the censor but it doesn't work (you can see it worked on [/quote] and [/span] etc but not rest) is there a way I'd be able to fix this? I understand it wouldn't be covered by XenForo support but any help would be appreciated. I'm currently using my main boards license to sort this on a none public domain and planned to renew another license once I find a way to make it readable. I also have full access to the server this is on meaning I can run database queries and so on.

Thank you for the help/advice if any. :)

I have a somewhat similar question, so I hope you don't mind if I piggyback here. I'm looking at importing a vB 3.8 forum into XF and my vB forum is using a plug-in to manage media embedding. When I do a test import, posts that had YouTube videos are showing in XF as containing unrealized BB code. The YouTube links show like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMDhi5AqPuI"]Evanescence - Heart Shaped Box - YouTube[/ame] . Anyone know a way to translate [ame="addr"]title[/ame] into something XF will understand to embed the video?

I found a solution for my issue. Looky here:

The only feasible method I can think of is to make a Job which would go through all posts and then do all kinds of fun stuff.

My thinking too, but no idea where to begin. There's 20+ years of posts in this rebuilt database. I heard regex? may help but again no idea where to begin.

Ps, Long time no speak 😂

I found a solution for my issue. Looky here:

Yeah wasn't sure this worked on latest version, need to find out why it kills my server though heh. Still wouldn't help with some older stuff though :(

1. Create basic add-on
  2. Refer to thread rebuild job
  3. ???
  4. Profit

Not a profit when you cannot code :P and paying to create a one time addon would be too costly I feel so not sure what to do. May just leave as it I mean it works and won't be live to post on. It'll just be an archive running XF for the search etc.

Top Bottom