XF 2.0 Is there a faster way to ping google?

usAdultAds

When making a forum post, then it may take hours for google to come around, and normally I get tired of waiting, and go to WMT and crawl the post, once that happens, the post is indexed right away because I called google to the forum post, however, when I make a blog post, I do not have to do anything, the blog post is pinged, and google, and other spiders show up right away, and soon after, the blog post is indexed without having to go through the WMT steps of crawling a page.

Is there a faster way to ping forum posts without my intervention?

Thanks

You are right that blogs such as WordPress will automatically ping search engines upon publishing a post, I have noticed the same on my blog.

XF already does have the capability to push your sitemap to search engines automatically:
auto-sitemap.webp

But I'm guessing this doesn't do it as fast as you want because looking at the Rebuild Sitemap cron, it only does it on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

It looks like @kingjavo worked around this by adjusting the cron to rebuild the sitemap more frequently:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sitemap-rebuild-frequency.147883/

I personally feel the current cron is a pretty good balance, you might get occasional SPAM and you certainly don't want that to get submitted to search engines or in your sitemap if you're not on top of it quick enough.

Top Bottom