Interesting Observation by Mod RE: Approval Queue - no IP address listed

vtcnc

You can see the discrepancy in dates and the fact that no IP address is listed. Is this normal to see a delay in an approval showing up in a queue? What could cause this? Are registrations saved in a draft somewhere?

Also, why would the IP address be omitted?

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 15-39-28 Working On It - This is a bit weird.webp

Me too
I just had one with no IP address showing
I cannot see any reason for it - they dont seem to have changed any permissions
When I go to their account in the ACP, I can see their IP address and it looks legit

Moderators require the "View IP addresses" permission

1634938444035.webp
You can see the discrepancy in dates and the fact that no IP address is listed. Is this normal to see a delay in an approval showing up in a queue? What could cause this? Are registrations saved in a draft somewhere?

Also, why would the IP address be omitted?

View attachment 257662

Check the user change log for this user - has their account status been changed to "Awaiting approval" ?

It looks to me like this is an existing user whose status has been changed so they are re-appearing in the approval queue and has been around long enough that their registration IP address has been removed.

What is your "Delete IP usage data after:" setting in Logging options set to? If it is less than 150 days, then their IP address has already been removed.

Moderators require the "View IP addresses" permission

View attachment 259090

Check the user change log for this user - has their account status been changed to "Awaiting approval" ?

It looks to me like this is an existing user whose status has been changed so they are re-appearing in the approval queue and has been around long enough that their registration IP address has been removed.

What is your "Delete IP usage data after:" setting in Logging options set to? If it is less than 150 days, then their IP address has already been removed.
Thank you for the explanation. This is helpful.

Top Bottom