XF 2.0 Installed XenForo 2.0.x in a subfolder, any way to move it to root?

WombatCombat

I was following along the installation and when I created the ftp account it made me a subfolder and long story short the home page now exists at website.com/website.com/xenforo/index.php, however I would like it to simply be website.com

Do I have to destroy the db and folders and start from the beginning or is there a way for me to move it (I searched and found out you can but this was for XF 1 which is why I'm asking, and I went to the 'Basic Board Information' section and there were just a bunch of text fields)

Also, can I just go into the File Manager and move everything out to the root folder? Or will this disrupt some settings which were created using the previous url

If there is in fact a way to move it, will it mess anything up in the future? Like will all links work properly and everything be nice or do it it some kinda redirection that I have to mess with for when I wanna change whatever.

Thanks!

PS. I just got and installed XenForo, is there a guide or rules showing some things I should do first before everything?

You can just move all folders and files using FTP or cPanel file manager then change the url in you admin ACP basic board info. Make sure hidden files are showing such as .htaccess, if you use it, and so are also selected and moved

If there are already pages indexed in Google or externaln links you may want to put a redirect in place out of the old directory.

Top Bottom