Import forum from csv file

Ricsca

I would like to import a custom forum into xenforo.
I can create a csv file with all the custom forum data.
Is there any way to import it into xenforo?
What data must the csv file have?
Thanks

There is no csv importer directly for XenForo. You would need someone to do that job, or import that table into another type of forum (mybb or phpbb), although I don't know if those forums support that type of data.

If you can upload the data to xenforo via csv I can create a csv with the forum data customized according to how xenforo wants it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I also used the same method for one of my projects by importing an entire CMS, blog, comments, forum, and users with the help of CSV files. It took me literally a lot of work and energy, it's not impossible but you should definitely be familiar with Xenforo to avoid corrupted data after the import. Considering the amount of time I spent on the conversion, I wouldn't do a job like that again and I would prefer to pay someone who knows SQL commands well. With a small query, they could save days of work. From personal experience, I also suggest contacting @MySiteGuy who is a great expert on imports. If instead, you want to do some tests, just export the Xenforo tables in CSV format and then populate the fields with your own content.

@Paul B hi, I don't know if this is a bug on xf but it only happens to me on xf.
I translate what I want to write with Google Translate (from Italian to English9 but when I paste the translated text into English here on the forum, if I have the automatic translation of the site from English to Italian active in quavers, when I paste the text in English it automatically comes to me translated again into Italian and if I don't pay attention when I save it, it is saved in Italian.
This doesn't happen to me for example on vbulletin.
When I paste text in English, even if the site is translated from crome into Italian, the text in the response form (or topic creation form) remains in English and is not translated by Google.

Top Bottom