I'm using Cloudflare Plus Letsencrypt SSL at the same time!

Ricklndn

I'm using both Cloudflare Plus Letsencrypt at the same time, I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with that! I started off using Letsencrypt, and shortly after started using Cloudflare on my forums.

I never deleted Letsencrypt from my server because I never could figure out if its doing any harm.

So my question is, will having both Cloudflare Plus Letsencrypt working at the same time hurt anything? I'm not even sure why Cloudflare is overpowering the Letsencrypt certificate.

you are supposed to use both. one on your host and one on cloudflare. this would work fine if you use strict setting.
if you disable let's encrypt, you would need to switch to flexible on cloudflare.

basically with let's encrypt on your own server... the connectivity between your server and cloudflare also remains encrypted.

Flexible SSL: You cannot configure HTTPS support on your origin, even with a certificate that is not valid for your site. Visitors will be able to access your site over HTTPS, but connections to your origin will be made over HTTP. Note: You may encounter a redirect loop with some origin configurations.
Full (strict): Your origin has a valid certificate (not expired and signed by a trusted CA or Cloudflare Origin CA) installed. Cloudflare will connect over HTTPS and verify the cert on each request.

It's possible to use both but the built in cloudflare SSL is signed by Comodo which in my opinion is much better.

Cloudflare is totally different.
Letsencryptssl is what cloudaccess.net use.
Ask your host to always renew your ssl

Oh great, everything is working, I just wish I never set up let's encrypt.
I'm using DigitalOcean running ubuntu 18.04 if anyone knows the easy way to disable/delete my let's encrypt cert please let me know.. if all fales I have a backup to restore my droplet.

Do not disable let's encrypt on your DO. It is always good to have SSL enabled on your server. You might some day decide to dump CloudFlare (or temporarily pause it), the site would become inaccessible till you get SSL working again. Having SSL on your server while using CloudFlare is actually good because the data transfer between CF and DO would also remain encrypted!

Do not disable let's encrypt on your DO. It is always good to have SSL enabled on your server. You might some day decide to dump CloudFlare (or temporarily pause it), the site would become inaccessible till you get SSL working again. Having SSL on your server while using CloudFlare is actually good because the data transfer between CF and DO would also remain encrypted!

thanks, you sound very helpful and knowledgeable! I'm going to leave it as is.

Top Bottom