Ignore forums/threads

My members would love to have the ability to ignore specific forum sections. I had this on vB before changing to XF2. They could go to their User Profile and see a list of all the forum sections. They could then hold down the CTRL key and tag the specific forums for which they did not want to see ANY content. Then it was like those forum sections didn't even exist. Having this for XF2 would be REALLY nice!

My members would love to have the ability to ignore specific forum sections. I had this on vB before changing to XF2. They could go to their User Profile and see a list of all the forum sections. They could then hold down the CTRL key and tag the specific forums for which they did not want to see ANY content. Then it was like those forum sections didn't even exist. Having this for XF2 would be REALLY nice!

I don't think so it is useful. There could be always something useful in any forum. If the forum is based on different and mixed niche, then it could be useful, but when it is all about a specific niche, then this feature is not required.

Well, this is my opinion... Anyone can disagree.

I don't think so it is useful. There could be always something useful in any forum. If the forum is based on different and mixed niche, then it could be useful, but when it is all about a specific niche, then this feature is not required.

Well, this is my opinion... Anyone can disagree.

Respectfully, it doesn't actually matter what your opinion is on how useful a feature is (the exception being if you have a better way of achieving the same result) - if you don't need to use a feature, then don't use it.

That's the great thing about XenForo - you can configure it to your needs and choose which features to utilise and which to "ignore" !

Note that if people want to increase the chance of this feature being implemented, they should go and like the first post in this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ignore-filter-system.1841/

(Although it is currently the 2nd most popular out of more than 150 suggestions - so I think the devs should already have a pretty good idea about how important this feature is to a lot of people)

The people that decide if a feature is useful are the users. For my forum, I have had the ignore feature in place for close to 10 years. The users on my forum believe it is useful. Now that it is missing since I moved from vB to XF, they are asking if I can implement it again. It really is that simple. I don't understand why anyone would argue one way or the other about whether or not a particular feature is needed/useful.

If a full featured ignore system were incorporated into XF2.1, that would be awesome. People that don't think it useful could... IGNORE IT :p Those that view it as useful could actually use it. Everybody is happy.

Top Bottom