XF 2.0 If I have a post id how can I view the post? And when don't likes count?

Freak

I have some post ids for which I would like to view the single post.

Is there a url the I can use and insert the post id that will return a single post?

something like domain.com/forum/showpost.php?postid=10000

Also, in the xf_liked_content table, what determines whether a like is counted? There's an is_counted column, but what determines that value? In other words, under what circumstances are likes not counted?

Last edited:
Is there a url the I can use and insert the post id that will return a single post?
No. You can redirect to the post within a thread (/posts/id/) but that's it.

Also, in the xf_liked_content table, what determines whether a like is counted? There's an is_counted column, but what determines that value? In other words, under what circumstances are likes not counted?
That's up to the content type handler, so it varies by content type. For example, non-visible (deleted/moderated) posts and all conversation messages are not counted.

No. You can redirect to the post within a thread (/posts/id/) but that's it.

That's up to the content type handler, so it varies by content type. For example, non-visible (deleted/moderated) posts and all conversation messages are not counted.
Thank you. I appreciate the reply. Can the content handler be edited to count likes from moderates or deleted posts? If so, any idea how?

Thank you. I appreciate the reply. Can the content handler be edited to count likes from moderates or deleted posts? If so, any idea how?
You can extend it with an add-on. The relevant method is is \XF\Like\Post::likesCounted(). Afterwards you'd have to rebuild likes in the Admin CP.

The following link will jump to your reply in the context of this thread (post #3):
https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1270691/

You can see examples of these post ID links on the forum index, for each section's latest post.
You can extend it with an add-on. The relevant method is is \XF\Like\Post::likesCounted(). Afterwards you'd have to rebuild likes in the Admin CP.
It's actually possible, try domain.com/forum/posts/10000/show

For example, for your post, click here.
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom