XF 2.2 iCloud Private Relay causing frequent admin.php logouts?

Alternadiv

As of a few days ago, I'm frequently getting logged out of the admin control panel while I'm working. It will happen up to every 15 minutes, but usually happens sooner. Sometimes multiple times in a row upon refreshing or saving something.

I think it might have to do with Apple's new iCloud Private Relay and it constantly changing my IP address (as it should). If so, I imagine it's a compatibility issue on their end, not XF?

Solution
Changing your IP address every 15 minutes will definitely log you out of the ACP as a security measure. There's nothing wrong with XF, or "incompatible" about it, it's working as it should. Online banking and other security sensitive sites are likely to react the same way. You need to keep your IP address stable while in the ACP.
Changing your IP address every 15 minutes will definitely log you out of the ACP as a security measure. There's nothing wrong with XF, or "incompatible" about it, it's working as it should. Online banking and other security sensitive sites are likely to react the same way. You need to keep your IP address stable while in the ACP.

Solution
This is what I figured.

Is there a way to keep one IP address for a specific domain? I guess this would be more of a question for Apple to answer.

Reactions: FTL
I don't know if you can keep a reserved address, but I'd doubt it. Perhaps look at the Private Relay FAQ / manual?

It's basically a VPN, so what you want is the tunnelling feature, where certain apps and sites go outside it as configured by you. Surfshark supports this feature and it works great, solving your problem. It's pretty cheap, too.

Top Bottom